Calling All Artists! Who’s Got Next? 2011
Toronto, ON – The 2011 SpinFest and Stylus Awards presented by Pioneer DJ will kick off in Toronto on Friday, May 27th with a full weekend of festivities concluding with the awards show on Monday, May 30th. Stylus Group is excited to announce the CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS for the WHO’S GOT NEXT CD Compilation sponsored by HipHopCanada.com. More details after the jump.
We are now accepting submissions for the next big artist to make noise for 2011! Submit your best unreleased song for a chance to appear on the “Who’s Got Next?” CD Compilation. Minimum 15 songs will be handpicked by Stylus DJ Awards nominated DJs, with the best song offered distribution with HHCdigital/E1. There will be 1500 CD manufactured and distributed throughout Stylus SpinFest events. This is opportunity is designed to help break artists by getting this CD in the hands of DJs and Industry Tastemakers.
$20 SUBMISSION FEE
ENTER NOW —> http://www.sonicbids.com/whosgotnext2011
1. Submit Your Best UNRELEASED song for a chance to be featured on the “Who’s Got Next?” CD Compilation.
2. 15 songs will be hand picked by [jury] – panel of nominated Stylus DJs 3. Accepting submissions in in all Urban Music genres including R&B, Reggae, Soca, and Rap.
4. Artists must submit one (1) song and EPK through Sonicbids.
5. This promotion is open to all artists, EXCEPT artists who are signed directly to a major label.
6. DEADLINE: April 18th, 2010 (No Exceptions)
NOTE: Only unreleased songs will be considered and those selected will be contacted.
SELECTED ARTIST WILL RECIEVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Your song featured on the “Who’s Got Next?” promo CD where 1500 copies will be given throughout Stylus SpinFest & Stylus DJ Awards.• Copies of the “Who’s Got Next?” CD.
- Tickets to the Stylus Awards.• Tickets to the Exclusive Stylus V.I.P Mix N Mingle BBQ, with listening time.• Spotlight on HipHopCanada.com• Spotlight on the Stylus Group website.
- #1 single picked will be announced and offered single digital distribution deal with HHC Digital/E1.
- Submissions will need to be made through sonicbids.com. Submission fee is $20.
- The artist/label submitting will own the rights to any songs released on the “Who’s Got Next?” compilation. Neither HHC Digital, or E1 will have rights or own property of the compilation.
- The compilation is the property of the Stylus Group and strictly used for promotional use only!
- All 1500 copies will be handed out over the course of the Stylus SpinFest/Awards.
About The Stylus Group
The Stylus Awards are a unique facet to the DJ and club culture in Canada. As the only institution recognizing the breadth of DJ talent in Canada; Stylus are able to bring a forum that allows DJs and Canadian Artists to display and perform their talent to the Canadian Music industry. The events throughout SpinFest and the Stylus Awards harbour performances, a national music conference, concerts and local events, all allowing Canadian Artists and DJs to flourish and be recognized. For up to date news, rule regulations, and submission guidelines of the 2011 Stylus Awards and SpinFest presented by Pioneer DJ please visit: http://www.stylusgroup.ca.
Tags: Stylus DJ Awards