JD Era, Classified & Maestro among presenters at 2013 JUNO Awards [News]
Regina, SK – This coming weekend, on Sunday April 21st in Regina, Saskatchewan the Canadian music industry will be coming together to celebrate the achievements of all the talented artists across the country at the 2013 JUNO Awards. Overall, the JUNO’s are a great way to showcase artists from all genres, but this year I feel that Canadian hip-hop has a very strong presence. Toronto rapper JD Era (@JDEra), East Coast chart-topper Classified (@classified) and Canadian hip-hop legend Maestro Fresh Wes (@MaestroFreshWes) are among the presenters (and nominees) at this year’s award show.
CTV released a press release yesterday announcing all the presenters and performers, plus any information you need to know about when and where to tune in. Hit the jump to see the full press release.
Press Release: Presenters Announced for CTV’s Broadcast of the 2013 JUNO Awards, April 21
CTV and The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) announced today a confirmed list of presenters that will take the stage for CTV’s live broadcast of the 2013 JUNO Awards on Sunday April 21. Hosted by superstar Michael Bublé, the awards will be presented by a diverse range of Canadian Talent – from rapper Maestro Fresh Wes, singer-songwriter Kathleen Edwards, and hitmakers Dragonette to fan favourite Jim Cuddy, up and comer Victoria Duffield, and musical legend Anne Murray. Additionally, chart-topping East Coast rapper Classified with David Myles, and multi-platinum recording artists The Tenors are both slotted to be musical presenters performing their respective hit singles “Inner Ninja” and “Forever Young”. The 2013 JUNO Awards brings together some of the country’s most well-respected artists to deliver Canada’s most exciting night in music. The 2013 JUNO Awards airs from Regina’s Brandt Centre, live in Atlantic Canada, Québec, Ontario, and Saskatchewan at 8 p.m. ET (9 p.m. AT/6 p.m. CT), as well as at 8 p.m. CT/MT/PT in Manitoba, Alberta, and British Columbia.
To date, confirmed presenters for the 2013 JUNO Awards broadcast are:
2013 JUNO Nominees:
• Singer-songwriter Adam Cohen
• Indie roots musician and 2012 Polaris Prize nominee, Bahamas
• Chart-topping East Coast rapper Classified
• Blues/rock/neo-swing guitarist and singer-songwriter, Colin James
• Country music sensation Dean Brody
• Electro group Dragonette
• Canadian hip-hop artist JD Era
• Singer-songwriter Kathleen Edwards
• Canadian rapper Madchild
• The ‘Godfather of Canadian hip hop’, Maestro Fresh Wes
• Internationally acclaimed, multi-platinum recording artists The Tenors
• Canadian icon, 2013 JUNO Songwriters’ Circle host, and recipient of the 2013 Allan Waters Humanitarian Award, Tom Cochrane
• Pop singer and triple-threat JUNO Award nominee, Victoria Duffield
• 24-time JUNO Award winner Anne Murray (inducting k.d. lang into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame)
• Blue Rodeo frontman, Jim Cuddy
• Canadian musician and co-founder of critically acclaimed Broken Social Scene, Kevin Drew
• Regina native and star of Space’s Original Series ORPHAN BLACK, Tatiana Maslany
The red-hot lineup of performers confirmed for the 2013 JUNO Awards on CTV include: Billy Talent, Carly Rae Jepsen, Hannah Georgas, k.d. lang, Marianas Trench, Metric, Michael Bublé, Serena Ryder, and The Sheepdogs.