Joined: Thu May 16, 2002 8:03 pm
Location: CANADA - @HipHopCanada
The 16 HipHopCanada Community RulesThe following is a list of the general rules of the HipHopCanada.com community. These rules and guidelines have been implemented in order to cover most scenarios which we have observed or foresee happening, however we clearly can not predict the future.
In any event, HipHopCanada.com reserves the right at all times to take any required action to ensure the well-being and stability of the HHC Community (and the right to prevent any abuse of the Community service). Going forward, our policy must be adhered to by all participants and members of the HHC community in order to best serve our clients, affiliates, registered users, and frequent visitors.
HipHopCanada.com will take immediate action without warning against anything our administrative or moderating teams may deem to be inappropriate. Members who persist at breaking any of the rules below may forfeit their privelege to participate in the HHC Community by having their account deactivated, either in part or in its entirety. We will not tolerate consistently negative or overly critical views of the staff or members of this forum, and we also expect that everyone is mature enough to contribute to these forums without being a nuisance or distraction to others (who are trying to use our services to their full potential). We hope that those individuals in the Community who utilize HipHopCanada.com's services and/or support to their advantage or have done so in the past, will understand where we are coming from and appreciate why we must put these guidelines in place.
Please also refer to the HHC FAQ for further understanding of the Community rules and policies.FAQ:viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4466001. While it is impossible to expel rudeness or insults altogether from Community discussion and debating, HipHopCanada.com will absolutely not tolerate or condone a) excessive rudeness b) abusive language c) personal attacks or d) any racially charged remarks or comments by our posting members. Furthermore, inflammatory or provocative posts that serve no purpose to the forums will not be allowed in any way, shape, or form. Our decision on these matters is final, at all times.
02. It is very important that you adhere to the guidelines of each individual forum when deciding where to place a post. (i.e. Events should be posted within the Event Discussion forum, audio should be posted in the Audio forum, advertisments and job openings should be posted in the Jobs & Opportunities forum, etc). HipHopCanada reserves the right to relocate any discussion thread posted within our community, and will delete, modify, edit, or lock any topic posted in the wrong section of the forums by our members. PLEASE DO NOT POST MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THE SAME THREAD IN MORE THAN ONE FORUM. All copies of your discussion thread will be promptly locked or deleted.
03. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads and/or one word (or very short) non-sense posts. Our message board regularly receives a high volume of traffic, and such posts only interrupt the flow of traffic and discourage users from participating in other meaningful discussions. HipHopCanada will simply delete or lock any thread that is considered to be meaningless or malicious without any advanced warning.
04. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed and your post count might be reset to zero a result of this.
05. Posting spam & pornography or pornographic links is strictly prohibited. This includes messages sent to members using the Private Message function and images displayed in member avatars. Avatars which contain nudity or any other imagery of a pornographic nature (that we find offensive) will be removed without any warning.
06. Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed on HHC. Posting unauthorized advertisements in discussion threads, user signatures, or anywhere else in our Community is strictly prohibited. Posting links for services that promote free prizes or cash which are based on generating traffic or pyramid schemes is strictly prohibted and is considered spam. Prominently posting links to sites that are considered to be a competitor of HipHopCanada (or creating any posts or thread titles which would create a conflict of interest between HHC and our clients etc.) is not permitted, including any text or graphics. As stated throughout the Community, event flyers are permitted but should ONLY be posted in the Event Listings forum. Users will be allowed to contain graphics in their account signatures. However, members are not permitted to use their HHC signature to host standard Internet advertising mediums such as 468 x 60 banners (for example).
To purchase banner space on HipHopCanada.com please contact the Sales Dept. - email@example.com or (613) 749-7777. This includes messages sent to members using the Private Message function.
07. Using HipHopCanada's forum e-mail and/or private message system to spam other members is not permitted and you could be banned as a result. Private messages are not permitted to be posted within any public community forum unless they are posted by the author of the PM -- no exceptions.
08. Embedded audio players of any kind (MySpace, DatPiff etc.) are not permitted within posts, or user signatures. In the past, HHC would contact a user via PM explaining this rule prior to removal of embedded players from signatures and posts. However, we will no longer offer any advanced warning or follow-up message when this rule has been broken by our members.
09. Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping a post. While we understand the need to keep certain topics on the main page of our busiest lounges and forums, we can not tolerate attempts by users to continuously promote their own topics while others get lost in the shuffle. PLEASE DO NOT BUMP THREADS more than once per day, or we may have to temporarily (or permanently) lock your topic until you have complied with our guidelines.
10. Posts that imply you are "in the know" about HHC's business dealings or organizational operations is strictly prohibited and will be deleted at our discretion.
11. Posts that are sexually explicit or which target any other member in a sexual or invasive manner will not be permitted and will be considered as sexual harassment.
12. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering multiple accounts is strictly forbidden and as a result, ALL of the accounts associated with a user run the risk of being deleted. HipHopCanada will not tolerate members who in any way try to conceal their identities or post malicious materials under aliases (which they do not post under transparently on a regular basis).
13. HipHopCanada.com reserves the right to deem what is appropriate for the HipHopCanada.com Community. HipHopCanada.com Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to make the call as to what is pornographic or offensive material and we reserve the right to remove any offensive posts without notice. While these rules cover most situations, we cannot anticipate every circumstance. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure that these forums are not disrupted, or abused in anyway.
14. There is strictly no selling of products in this forum, with the exception of the Jobs & Opportunities forum where you are welcome to make posts about used materials you are selling (equipment, records etc.). Members who choose to use the Jobs & Opportunities forum assume their own risk, and HipHopCanada.com will not be held liable for any deals or transactions made online or offline by any of its participating members, or by any other individual.
15. We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums is a privelege and not a right.
16. Signatures may be either text or image based, but must not contain unauthorized advertising (see #6) and any images must not be taller than 300 pixels in height and 650 pixels in width.
If you have any questions about our Community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send an Administator a PM. Questions regarding content featured on HipHopCanada.com's homepage, lining up interviews, putting product in the store etc. should be addressed to the appropriate department. email@example.com and our Administrators strictly deal Community/message board related questions.