It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

This appears if user doesn't have JavaScript enabled, or doesn't have the required Flash Player version.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: POINT BLANK: X History [Album]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:32 pm 
HHC City Rep
HHC City Rep

POINT BLANK: X History [Album]

Stream & Download:
http://tiltrock.bandcamp.com/album/x-history

Quote:
1. Dropping Bombs 04:24
2. Want it wit Us Ft. Brother J 04:19
3. War in the Streets 03:36
4. North of the Border 04:32
5. Born Twice Way of Life 04:37
6. F.T.R. 04:29
7. Change wit Time 04:01
8. Ghetto Life 03:45
9. Can't Please Everybody 03:46
10. War 04:23
11. In da Flesh 04:25
12. Deeper Thoughts 03:40
13. Loyalty Ft. Brother J 05:00
14. Thin Line 05:24
15. Glory Ft. Mark Mckay 05:12
16. Dedication Ft. Shy Luv 03:38
17. X History 04:06

Canadian-based rap recording artists, Point Blank are set to release the video premiere of their latest single X-History to coincide with the release of the album of the same name on November 6th, 2012.

It is the first release since the critically-acclaimed, self-titled, debut album Point Blank, which debuted at #1 on the Canadian Soundscan Independent Album Charts. The long-awaited album will be distributed through Entertainment One (eOne) to be released on November 6, 2012, leading up to the Day of Remembrance - a relevant theme within the lyrics and visual elements of the X-History video. The track is written and performed solo by Stump Gets; one-sixth of the Point Blank group, who said:

“I was inspired by an interview featuring Sophia Stewart, creator of The Matrix. Her insights into the future led me to analyze the past, present and future of humanity and also explore the exploitation that has been experienced by people as a collective. The song challenges oppressive narratives and silent stories while promoting the Point Blank culture of loyalty to roots and community. It also highlights our loyalty to the hip-hop culture. As a group of independent artists we have witnessed our share of exploitation in the music industry and the oppressive nature of the industry. It can change you if you’re not strong. X-History is an anthem of strength.”

The video is filmed and directed by Cam Sullivan for The Field Inc. As a recurring theme consistent in all Point Blank videos, X-History video pays homage to the pre-revitalization Regent Park neighbourhood, the stomping grounds of the Point Blank group. Known for using their art as a form resistance, the single and video represents the not only untold stories of past Regent Park community members, but also recognizes the stories of other communities and nations that the group identifies with.

“If the issues of these groups are not within the mainstream media, not being discussed in households, silenced in the present day curriculum and removed from everyday conversations, they are voiceless. As a group we have always been committed to using our platform to be a voice for these faceless, nameless groups as a part of the Point Blank movement, which is a movement that challenges oppressive systems, institutions and practices,” says group member Imperial.

With the hook “You ain’t X-ing me/ outta history with your new technology/ out tryna follow me/f*ck the rest is our secret society…” X-History honours Black History images of Marcus Garvey, Jesse Owens, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, The Black Panther Party, The Red Tail Air Pilots, Haile Selassie, Tommie Smith and John Carlos, among others.

The X-History video release is the first part of a trilogy that the group plans to release to coincide with the X-History album. Fans can look forward to follow up video releases for the tracks titled Loyalty,and Glory.

About Point Blank:

Point Blank is one of the most recognized rap groups that are based in Toronto. They have been well -received internationally with their chart topping hit single Born and Raised in the Ghetto off their debut album Point Blank, that has led them to receive award nominations in the US and Canada including nods from the Juno Award and Much Music Video Awards. The Born and Raised in the Ghetto video has garnered over one million views via Youtube worldwide. Point Blank’s self- titled album was released in August of 2008; debuting at #1 on the Nielson Soundscan Canadian Independent Charts, Top 5 on the Canadian Independent Rap Charts and remained a Toronto top-seller for 3 consecutive weeks.
About Entertainment One:

Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a leading international entertainment company that specializes in the acquisition, production and distribution of film and television content. The company’s comprehensive network extends around the globe including Canada, the U.S., the UK, Ireland, Benelux, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and South Korea. Through established Entertainment and Distribution divisions, the company provides extensive expertise in film distribution, television and music production, family programming and merchandising and licensing. Its current rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 24,000 film and television titles, 2,700 hours of television programming and 45,000 music tracks.

To request interviews with Imperial and/or Stump Gets of Point Blank, please contact:
info@tiltrockinc.com
http://www.TiltRockinc.com
Twitter: @TILTROCK
Facebook : http://www.Facebook.com/Tiltrockinc
Youtube : http://www.YouTube.com/PointBlankTV

Post subject: Re: POINT BLANK: X History [Album]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:44 pm 
50 Status
50 Status

what a sad day for Canadian Hip Hop

A group that's been out for over a decade is still releasing records from a decade ago as if its some new shit. it seems to me that there is a problem with recording a whole new project. or whatever the intentions are with this X history Album. As an artist born and raised in regent park. i find these fucks LAME. I recorded over 500 records, seen the globe, and been the most hated artist from the park. and these guys *point blank are still releasing old ass tracks from 10 years ago. how exciting to see how creative some mother fuckers can be. because a side from the bullshit. when i first came up. i thought they was ILL SON! COMON SON!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:48 am 
GOLD STATUS
GOLD STATUS

Are you bragging about being 0 for 500? Maybe your criticism is spot on.. maybe it isn't. Comparing yourself to them is fruitless.. they have some records that people actually like.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm 
GOLD STATUS
GOLD STATUS

im likin that x history joint posted in the thread. probably cause its just a solo track with Stumps, hes the only one i like really. dudes dope.

might have to download the album and see what the rest of it is like, heard most of the songs already

im sure they have other tracks in the volt they could have put on it instead of putting old ones on

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 pm 
250 Plus!
250 Plus!

Illa Fam wrote:
Are you bragging about being 0 for 500? Comparing yourself to them is fruitless.. they have some records that people actually like.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:43 am 
50 Status
50 Status

Just Finished Rocking A Show Out Here In Norway With Over 700 Of My Own Fans. Where's The Next Point Blank Show? :happy4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm 
250 Plus!
250 Plus!

YounG,U wrote:
Just Finished sucking off 700 Norwegians, tell PB to top that

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 am 
50 Status
50 Status

LEAVE IT 2 BEAVER wrote:
YounG,U wrote:
Just Finished sucking off 700 Norwegians, tell PB to top that

Ha Ha !! Leave It To Beaver !!!! :fuck1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 am 
The 1000 Club
The 1000 Club

YounG,U wrote:
what a sad day for Canadian Hip Hop

A group that's been out for over a decade is still releasing records from a decade ago as if its some new shit. it seems to me that there is a problem with recording a whole new project. or whatever the intentions are with this X history Album. As an artist born and raised in regent park. i find these fucks LAME. I recorded over 500 records, seen the globe, and been the most hated artist from the park. and these guys *point blank are still releasing old ass tracks from 10 years ago. how exciting to see how creative some mother fuckers can be. because a side from the bullshit. when i first came up. i thought they was ILL SON! COMON SON!

People don't hate on you because of who you are they hate on you because your really not that great on the mic You been rapping how long you say? and your flow is still that unpolished? You have no style your flow never changes you never show any new patterns all your songs are the same basic style and their all about boring shit like how hard you are and how dope you rap over and over. But I get why dumb ass kids like you dumb ass slow kids need a slower rapper to keep their attention and your basic rhymes are simple to understand.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 am 
50 Status
50 Status

have you heard all of my new albums + joints in the past while? i dont mind your words lol.. but hey! i live hip hop!!! and for where its taken me as of this minute where im sending this reply from!! im fine !!! :happy4

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]