It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

This appears if user doesn't have JavaScript enabled, or doesn't have the required Flash Player version.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: HustleGRL featured on Complex.com
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm 
The 2000 Club
The 2000 Club

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/01/10 ... tlegrl-moy

Quote:

Karla “HustleGRL” Moy
Organization: HustleGRL
Instrumental in the rise of: Drake, The Weeknd

Nobody cared about Drake until she came along. She was the first tastemaker on Drake, there’s no doubt about this. She had a fansite for Drake before he put out Comeback Season. She was on Drake for forever.

Granted, Drake is extremely talented and any idiot can hear Drake and can be like, "Yeah, he’s going to be huge." But people held things against him, people held his TV show against him, and people in Toronto held his upbringing against him. But when it comes to music and making records he’s undeniable. And Karla was able to look past his background and see his music.

So she’s first on Drake and you give her credit for Drake and his successes. But then there’s the Weeknd. She was on Weeknd before Drake was. She was posting "Wicked Games" before it was "Wicked Games." Back when it was on Youtube.

People don’t give the Toronto scene credit. People look at Toronto and they see Drake, and they give Weeknd credit because of Drake. But nobody just thinks for a second, "Wait, Drake is extremely talented, Weeknd is extremely talented, 40 is extremely talented, Boi-1dna is extremely talented, and T-Minus is extremely talented, so why don’t I pay attention to what’s happening in Toronto?"

She’s got the Toronto scene on lock. People don’t give the Toronto scene credit. People look at Toronto and they see Drake, and they give Weeknd credit because of Drake. But nobody just thinks for a second, "Wait, Drake is extremely talented, Weeknd is extremely talented, 40 is extremely talented, Boi-1da is extremely talented, and T-Minus is extremely talented, so why don’t I pay attention to what’s happening in Toronto?"

Why is Toronto so big? It’s because Toronto is built on the arts. They have this thing called The Remix Project, it’s free classes for anyone who wants to learn. Karla went there with 40. She watched Boi-1da and T-Minus rise. She came up with all these guys. Drake was recording his first songs at The Remix Project and Karla was there. If you go to Toronto right now, you’ll find the next hottest producer.

Toronto has so much superstar talent in there. They are just churning out superstars and Karla is first on every single one. There’s a reason for that—she’s there. Just like how Chicago is blowing up, Toronto should have blown up two years ago. Toronto has got dudes like OB OBrien, A-Game, and Belly and these guys are making hits.

You go to Toronto and you make a big move, it’s because Karla is behind it. Mac Miller, J. Cole, Odd Future, all made moves in Toronto through her. They hired her to cover Watch The Throne in Toronto. You know why? She knows what hot and what she says is what goes in Toronto. She knows everybody in that city and they fuck with her because they know she’s got the ear to the Toronto streets.

The two people she was on to first—Drake and Weeknd—are outselling and outdoing everything else. Enough said.

Please don't be scared of meeee...

Post subject: Re: HustleGRL featured on Complex.com
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:59 pm 
250 Plus!
250 Plus!

Just admit it bobby, all those drake references made you hard. Big up hustle grl for being the original drizzy fan gyal before Bobby took over.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:05 pm 
The 4000 Club
The 4000 Club

Location: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/therebirth/id386492990
yes yes! salute to hustlegrl!

Royce Birth - I Quit Hip Hop EP...(courtesy of ISTILLLOVEHER.DE)
http://istillloveher.de/2010/12/istillloveher-de-presents-royce-birth-i-quit-hip-hop-free-ep/

www.youtube.com/roycebirthlive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:13 pm 
HHC City Rep
HHC City Rep

Quote:
OB OBrien

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]