Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the debut track, “Wyst?,” (What You Saying Tonight) by Toronto-based R&B artist, ashm.
“ashm gives listeners an edgy sound with his lounge-trap style of R&B.”
Ashm (pronounced, a-sheem) has worked with dvsn (supported writing on their track “Claim”) and kicks off his own wave in the city to carve out a lane for himself with his single “Wyst”, which stands for “what you saying tonight.”
Originally from Scarborough, the singer serves listeners a sexy track with a truly sultry beat which Asm co-produced with Tim Wong.
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Artist/Group: Toronto, Ontario-based recording artist, ashm.
- Submission: The recently released Tim Wong and ashm-produced debut single, “Wyst?”
- Streaming Links: You can listen “Wyst” on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, and SoundCloud.
- Social Media: You can follow @nolongtalkn on Instagram.
You can check out the “Wyst?” single below.
ASHM – WYST?
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
Submission Sundays is a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gives us a chance to show love to people who aren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gives them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Winnipeg’s SS Benny drops visuals to sultry track “Pressure”
- Hip-hop/R&B artist DSTNY drops the new “Lies” video
- Toronto R&B artist ashm drops debut single, “Wyst?”
- New York rappers Chubs & BLASS 89 drop visuals for “Bloody Speaker”
- Toronto rapper Troy The Enigma collabs with K Money on new track “Neverland”
- Listen to the Small Town Big Dreams album by London-based Outspoken Corboy
- U Again: Brampton’s Derin Falana releases fourth new single in a month
- No More: Ottawa’s Lia Kloud enlists Woodboys Productions for new video
/ 5 hours ago
Just over a month ago, the British Columbia hip-hop community suffered a terrible loss...
/ 2 days ago
Toronto rapper Jahmarie Adams, known to the music industry as Jazz Cartier, started off...
/ 3 days ago
Rappers Haviah Mighty, Shad, rap duo Snotty Nose Rez Kids and singer-songwriter Jessie Reyez...