Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new no long talk. EP from Toronto budding star, Baka Not Nice. The 3-track project features guest appearances by Juicy J (of Three 6 Mafia) and London, UK’s own Giggs, who also appeared on Drake’s More Life in 2018.
Of the 3 tracks on no long talk., “30” is the lone track without a feature, and also the first of the three songs to receive video treatment.
“Within the span of three songs, Baka gives a better look at the experiences that molded him as well as his life while trying to balance fatherhood, his career, and the streets.”
Baka is currently overseas with Drake on the Assassination Vacation Tour.
- Artist/Group: Toronto-based recording artist, Baka Not Nice, representing OVO Sound.
- Submission: The new 3-track EP no long talk. and the accompanying music video for the Harley Arsenault-produced single, “30” which was released at the same time. “My Town,” featuring Giggs,” was produced by 40 along with K. Forest and DF. K. Forest and DF also co-produced by the Juicy J-assisted “Caddy’s.”
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Mar. 22, 2019. You can find the project on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @BakaNotNice on Instagram.
Check out the no long talk. EP and “30” video below.
BAKA NOT NICE – NO LONG TALK. / 30
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Kresnt previews album debut with Nani Beats-produced “Diamonds Forever”
- New BFR artist J Neat releases the “Rain Drop” video
- CultRap: Deniro Farrar is “Stuck For The Bag” in Amelia-directed video
- Squidiculous: SahBabii celebrated his birthday with the 3P EP
- Quake Matthews & Snak The Ripper collaborate on “Way Up”
- no long talk: Baka Not Nice drops 3-track project featuring Juicy J & Giggs
- Jazzy: UFO Fev hits Power 106 to promote Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
- Cuzzi Relax: Jazz Cartier drops new visuals in support of Fleurever (Deluxe)
Song of the Day
/ 1 day ago
Since the civil rights protests kicked off several months ago, a bunch of North...
/ 3 days ago
In Halifax’s growing hip-hop scene, one artist has captured the hearts of a new...