Calgary’s BMK Baby & K PRICE get “LOUD” in Conor Neal-powered video
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with a recently released video from Calgary up-and-comer BMK Baby.
“LOUD” was directed by Conor Neal, and features a guest appearance from frequent BMK collaborator, K PRICE, who also reps Calgary.
BMK has been quite busy since releasing “Loud” at the end of December. He released the “Alright” single on Jan. 2, and followed that quickly with the K PRICE-assisted “Call Gucci” a couple of days later. At the end of January, BMK Baby released Tha Firzt EP—six tracks with features from K PRICE, Riel Sol, and Meshaq Tyson—and his most recent drop is the “Jelly Sh*T” single which came out on Feb. 18. You can find some of those releases below, along with “Loud.”
We recently asked our followers on Instagram which artists they wanted to see us cover, and Baby was easily the front-runner on the vote count. Expect even more from him in 2019.
- Artist/Group: Calgary, Alberta-based recording artist, BMK Baby, representing the BMK movement and Gorilla Entertainment.
- Submission: The recently released Conor Neal-directed video for the single “Loud,” featuring Calgary’s K PRICE.
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Dec. 28, 2018. The single was released on Dec. 23 and can be found on Apple Music, Spotify, and other digital outlets via Gorilla Ent.
- Social Media: You can follow @BMK_Baby, @4KPRICE, and @Conor.Neal on Instagram.
Check out the “Loud” video below.
BMK BABY & K PRICE – LOUD
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Up-and-comer Malachi releases visuals in support of “San Fernando Wine”
- Calgary’s BMK Baby & K Price get “LOUD” in Conor Neal-powered video
- Red Deer’s Dom Sawyer impresses with 6-track EP Hope is Fake
- Toronto’s Rosie Monday releases Gdcmplx-assisted “Fuck a Like” single
- SHV G of RMG enlists RodZilla for “Jumping Out The Gym” video
- Toronto up-and-comer Adrian Terell releases visuals for “401”
- Halifax’s Quake Matthews drops visuals for his “Mockingbird” remix
- Don’t Step: Evil Ebenezer & JYAY preview collaborative album with “Don’t Step”