Classified pays homage to “Beastie Boys” in new Harv Glazer-directed video
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the latest visual release from producer and recording artist, Classified.
The video pays homage to legendary 80’s/90’s NYC rap trio, Beastie Boys, comprised of Michael “Mike D” Diamond, Adam “Ad-Rock” Horovitz, and Adam “MCA” Yauch, who passed away May 4, 2012. The “Beastie Boys” video was released in support of Class’ new project, Tomorrow Could Be the Day Things Change, his sixteenth album and fifth major release.
The Enfield, NS-born star was recently nominated for Video of the Year at the 2019 JUNO Awards with director Andrew Hines for their epic work on the video for “Powerless.”
- Artist/Group: Enfield, Nova Scotia-born producer and recording artist, Luke Boyd (aka Classified), representing HalfLife Records.
- Submission: The new Harv Glazer-directed video for the self-produced single, “Beastie Boys.” The song is featured on Classified latest’s studio project and fifth major release, Tomorrow Could Be the Day Things Change.
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Jan. 30, 2019. You can find the single and Tomorrow Could Be The Day Things Change on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify. The album was released by his own label, HalfLife Records, and distributed by Universal Music Canada.
- Social Media: You can follow @ClassifiedHipHop on Instagram, and follow @Classified on Twitter. Check out the official site, ClassifiedOfficial.com.
You can find the “Beastie Boys” video below.
CLASSIFIED – BEASTIE BOYS
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- EverythingOShauN releases “Lowry” video in support of latest album
- Traphouse 4000: TyriqueOrDie drops video built off Nuit Blanche festival performances
- Strategist enlists Ramone & Project Pat for “This Money” video
- SonReal releases visuals for his Trevor Muzzy-produced single “Parachute”
- Classified pays homage to “Beastie Boys” in new Harvey Glazer-directed video
- Bodied: Halifax artist Corey Writes enlists Keke Beatz Films for new video
- Hou I Am: Toronto budding star Houdini releases new project
- DGC rapper Roney releases full-length album, The Hardest Out