Bodied: Halifax artist Corey Writes enlists Keke Beatz Films for new video
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new “Bodied” video from Halifax-based recording artist, Corey Writes.
“Through the struggle comes great art. A lot of people in my situation, guys locked up, you see something break inside of them. You can see in their eyes…” – Corey Writes
2018 was a big year for Writes, releasing his Memoirs Of An Ex-Con after being incarcerated for nine years. Teens Talk Now described the project as “hard-hitting, fact-finding and lots of drive, combined by the confidence of knowing you arrived.” The “Bodied” single isn’t featured on the album, but both releases are available on Writes’ Spotify profile. A song off the EP that did receive visual support was “L I T,” shot by Keke Beatz Films and released back in October.
Along with his music, Writes also started a movement called Success Can Happen Every Moment Everywhere (or S.C.H.E.M.E.). Its purpose is to give motivation to those without or a lack thereof. “It’s to help those who only see things from one perspective because, a closed mind can not grow. “Challenge things, question things, be innovative. Your glass is not half empty, it’s half full.”
- Artist/Group: Uniacke Square, Halifax hip-hop artist Corey Writes, representing SNC.
- Submission: The new Keke Beatz Films-powered video for “Bodied.”
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Feb. 8, 2019. You can find the single on Apple Music, Spotify and other digital streaming services.
- Social Media: You can follow @WhozCoreyWrites_SNC on Instagram. Check out the official site CoreyWritesMusic.com.
Check out the “Bodied” video below.
COREY WRITES – BODIED
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- EverythingOShauN releases “Lowry” video in support of latest album
- Traphouse 4000: TyriqueOrDie drops video built off Nuit Blanche festival performances
- Strategist enlists Ramone & Project Pat for “This Money” video
- SonReal releases visuals for his Trevor Muzzy-produced single “Parachute”
- Classified pays homage to “Beastie Boys” in new Harvey Glazer-directed video
- Bodied: Halifax artist Corey Writes enlists Keke Beatz Films for new video
- Hou I Am: Toronto budding star Houdini releases new project
- DGC rapper Roney releases full-length album, The Hardest Out