Visions: Ottawa rapper DaBoiLoc drops first video in support of EP
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new “Visions” video from Ottawa recording artist, DaBoiLoc. It’s the first visual release from DaBoiLoc off his forthcoming EP, Bad By Myself.
We asked him what the new single and project represented:
“Southside stand up! This is my first EP and I can’t wait to show the city and the world! – DaBoiLoc
“Visions” follows another official single released by the 3LMG rapper called “Do What I Do,” which dropped last summer. It’s unclear if that track will appear on the Bad By Myself EP.
- Artist/Group: Southside Ottawa rapper, DaBoiLoc, representing Triple L Music Group (aka 3LMG).
- Submission: The new RealCity411-directed video for the Robby Bronson-produced single, “Visions.”
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Jan. 27, 2019. You can find the single on Apple Music, Spotify, and other digital streaming outlets.
- Social Media: You can follow @DaBoiLoc on Instagram, and follow @DaBoiLoc on Twitter.
Check out the “Visions” video below.
DABOILOC – VISIONS
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- King of DC: Shy Glizzy releases the “30s, 50s, 100s” video
- Toronto’s Mathematik previews ReAL/iS-Him album with “The Motive” single
- Ottawa’s big ZEE impresses with 5-track EP, Méchant
- Caviar Dreams: NorthSideBenji enlists Houdini for the “Levels” video
- Visions: Ottawa rapper DaBoiLoc drops first video in support of EP
- Between Somewhere: Token & Tech N9ne call out “YouTube Rappers” in new video
- Merkules enlists Stuey Kubrick for “Reject” visuals
- Toronto’s French of Triple M enlists StrvngeFilms for “On Time” video