Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the recently released “Graduation” video from Montreal’s own Dela Ville.
“This smooth banger produced by music industry veteran Jerry De Villiers Jr. (including drums played by Dela V himself) along with stunning, sharp visuals captured by local videographer Ron Gold, provides the perfect anthem for recent graduates, students finishing a tough semester, or young artists who have decided to take their lives and careers into their own hands.”
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Who: Recording artist Dela Ville.
- What: The Ron Gold-directed “Graduation” video released in support of Della Ville’s 7-track project, Connect which dropped Jan. 28, 2018. The single was produced by Jerry De Villiers Jr.
- When: The video is available now on YouTube. You can find “Graduation” and the Connect EP on SoundCloud.
- Where: Representing Montréal, Quebec.
- Why: Our first introduction to Dela Ville and it pushed us to take in his full EP, which is ultimately one of the main purposes of a single. Definitely someone we’ll be keeping an eye on moving forward. Make sure you check out Connect.
“Everybody’s who is advancing in life is graduating in a sense, so enjoy this effusive piece of music and graduate with Dela Ville. Cheers!”
“Up-and-coming Montréal artist Dela Ville provides listeners with a soulful ballad and takes us on a trip from Montreal to Miami with his latest video for ‘Graduation.’ This outro-esque track from Dela Ville’s recent EP, Connect (available on all streaming platforms since Jan. 28), highlights the struggles faced by young creatives like himself when trying to function within the educational system and ‘play by the rules.’
Ville describes feeling out of place and aggravated sitting in classrooms while his passions call to him and his mind races. The young MC dishes out laidback and thought-provoking verses, flowing in and out of a triumphant and emotional chorus that lets listeners tap into his element.”
Watch the “Graduation” video below.
DELA VILLE – GRADUATION
Follow @DelaxVille on Instagram.
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- From Montreal to Miami: Dela Ville releases the “Graduation” video
- Dakk’One airs out the “Dirty Laundry” of prejudice
- Nunavut artist Hyper-T tackles suicide with “Asiujunga (I’m Lost)”
- Quebec City’s Bardy Boyz drop the Coeur De Pirate video
- Winnipeg’s Myazwe releases the Pascal-produced “By The Dozen”
- Jonah Wright of Affiliated enlists Gavin for “Flying”
- Vials enlists 3D visual artist Jason Ebeyer for “Rockstar” video
- Brooklyn’s Scott King speaks on the ladies from “Round The Way”
Song of the Day
/ 22 hours ago
Roney is back with new visuals to promote the Deluxe Edition of his album,...
/ 1 day ago
GOLDEN G is back with a new project. After releasing an impressive eight singles...
/ 2 days ago
As easy as it is to get into recording music these days, it’s arguably...