In our first run of The Weekly Eight, we feature the new Saukrates-assisted single “Lullaby” by Toronto-based DJ NaNa.
“Therapeutically designed to evoke an array of emotions, ‘Lullaby’ is a soothing love song that possess a peaceful hypnotic quality.”
DJ NaNa has performed throughout North America, Europe, Asia and South Africa with artists such as Zaki Ibrahim, Rich Kidd, D.O., and Art of Fresh. He has opened for The Roots, DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Premier, Danger Mouse, and K’naan. NaNa contributed to the Naturally Born Strangers’ Juno 2015 Rap Recording of the Year, earned Ghana’s Best International DJ Award in 2014.
- Artist/Group: Toronto-based DJ and producer, DJ NaNa, for ear2muchcollective.
- Submission: The new single “Lullaby,” produced by DJ NaNa; with piano being played by Cecile Marie Evangelista, and additional bass (and strings) played by Saukrates, who is also featured on the song.
- Streaming Links: You can find the new single on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music, SoundCloud, and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @deejayNaNa on Instagram, and follow @deejayNaNa on Twitter.
Check out “Lullaby” below.
DJ NANA – LULLABY (FEATURING SAUKRATES)
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- The Sawlid Act: Ottawa-based rapper makes debut with 10-track album
- Toronto’s DJ NaNa releases “Lullaby” single featuring Saukrates
- Up-and-comer Kiddo enlists G-Dot to direct “Crazy”
- North York’s JMilly drops the Donte Chung-directed “Count It” video
- LA artist Lil One Hunnet drops visuals for “Ridin In My Benzo”
- Toronto’s Rue.T, Tao Piccasso, & Bondz team up for “Body Bag”
- Toronto up-and-comer Bvlly releases the “No Light Bag” video
- Song of the Day: ScrapGang’s KG & Freeze “Hold It Down” in new video
/ 13 hours ago
Our friends at Bring Ya Eh Game return with their 4th Annual Hip Hop...
/ 13 hours ago
Our friends over at Montréal-based media company Montreality recently caught up with Atlanta rapper...
/ 17 hours ago
West Coast rap star Jayceon Taylor, better known as The Game, will be reaching...
/ 4 days ago
Almost three years ago we lost our good friend and team member, Zack Noureddine,...