Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new single, “A Good Day (I Wanna Make Soul Music)” (featuring Chicago’s AzMattic) by UK alternative hip-hop artist, Doberman.
“Falling somewhere between Loyle Carner and the Fred Perry days of Alex Turner, Leeds-born rapper Doberman uses the medium of hip-hop to transcend states of social and emotional limbo.”
“A Good Day” marks Doberman’s second single released this year via the online jazz hop curator, following Something Cinematic, a somber and melancholic vocal piece delivered over the stripped-down production of Ryan Broadley.
- Artist/Group: Leeds, UK-born alternative hip-hop artist, Doberman, representing Jazz Hop Café Records.
- Submission: The new AzMattic-assisted single “A Good Day (I Wanna Make Soul Music),” produced by Jah Dee. Mixed by ExP of Flame Griller and mastered by Chemo aka Telemachus, the old school flavours of this upbeat sample-based hip-hop jam are the perfect accompaniment to a crisp Autumn morning.
- Streaming Links: You can find the new single on various digital streaming platforms including Bandcamp and SoundCloud.
- Social Media: You can follow @DobermanWY on Instagram, and follow @DobermanWY on Twitter.
You can listen to “A Good Day (I Wanna Make Soul Music)” below.
DOBERMAN – A GOOD DAY (FEATURING AZMATTIC)
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Shortop drops a “Classic” with visuals powered by Dragon Fli Empire
- Sudbury’s Jor’Del Downz teams up with Adam Bomb & Breana Marin for “Don’t Be Mad”
- LA newcomer Kyle Banks impresses with new “Time Go” video
- Why: Toronto artist Bryan Ghee drops new video in advance of mixtape
- Toronto artist Sense releases new Timeline-produced single “Owe God”
- Edmonton’s Deuce Fantastick drops new visuals for “Flexin” featuring Mac Millon
- British Knights: Plus Mo drops first video off new project, Cassette Tape 2
- UK artist Doberman enlists Chicago’s Azmattic for “A Good Day” single
Song of the Day
/ 17 hours ago
Pimpton returns with a much heavier addition in his recent barrage of new material...
/ 2 days ago
Bursting onto the scene is Zimbabwe-born, Canadian hip-hop newcomer Charmaine, with her début single...
/ 2 days ago
Up-and-coming Ottawa rapper Sam Hoss is back with fresh visual support for his EP...