Red Deer’s Dom Sawyer impresses with 6-track EP Hope is Fake
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the Hope is Fake EP by Red Deer, Alberta recording artist, Dom Sawyer. The 6-track project features a lone feature from Newl1fe.
We recently asked our followers on Instagram which artists they wanted to see us cover, and Dom Sawyer was easily one of the most mentioned names in the mix. After taking in the EP, we could see why so many people were pointing us in his direction. We’ll be watching close moving forward. Hope is Fake is certainly a great introduction for anyone else just getting familiar with the Alberta artist.
- Artist/Group: Red Deer, Alberta-based recording artist, Dom Sawyer.
- Submission: The 6-track independently released EP, Hope is Fake, which was released on Nov. 26, 2018.
- Streaming Links: You can find the EP on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer.
- Social Media: You can follow @SawyerRaps on Instagram.
Check out the Hope is Fake EP below.
DOM SAWYER – HOPE IS FAKE
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Up-and-comer Malachi releases visuals in support of “San Fernando Wine”
- Calgary’s BMK Baby & K Price get “LOUD” in Conor Neal-powered video
- Red Deer’s Dom Sawyer impresses with 6-track EP Hope is Fake
- Toronto’s Rosie Monday releases Gdcmplx-assisted “Fuck a Like” single
- SHV G of RMG enlists RodZilla for “Jumping Out The Gym” video
- Toronto up-and-comer Adrian Terell releases visuals for “401”
- Halifax’s Quake Matthews drops visuals for his “Mockingbird” remix
- Don’t Step: Evil Ebenezer & JYAY preview collaborative album with “Don’t Step”
Song of the Day
/ 2 hours ago
Newly nominated Polaris short-lister and Toronto-based producer Junia-T is on the rise! Whether it’s...
/ 1 day ago
One of the hardest projects we’ve heard this month is the newly released collaborative...
/ 3 days ago
Budding Montréal recording artist Speng Squire has released a new double video for his...