Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the a new posse cut from Los Angeles rapper ethemadassassin. “Animal House” features J.Bond (of Illpo), O.G. Bobby Ne’gro and Pisto Pop.
“Animal House” is the lead single off ethemadassassin’s newest project, also titled Bear Handz 3: Animal House (produced entirely by ShortFuZe), which was released on Jan. 1, 2019 and is E’s fifth studio album. In the tradition of the infamous movie of the same title, ethemadassassin welcomes all newcomers to get rushed by his personal team of “animal” emcees.
“With 7 albums, 2 EP’s, numerous international collaborations, and over 15 years in the music industry, ethemadassassin, is the physical embodiment of dedication, perseverance, independent artistry, and hustle.”
In March, E plans to follow Bear Handz 3 with his final installment in the Bear series, Bear Handz 4: Gram Newton, produced by Akthentik. ethemadassassin will follow the Bear Handz series with a collaborative EP with producer/emcee Diar Lansky, an EP produced by esteemed Los Angeles producer/emcee, Spec (formerly known as Aspect One), and an EP produced by long time friend and collaborator, Gav Beats.
- Artist/Group: Los Angeles (by way of North Carolina) rapper, songwriter, and producer, ethemadassassin.
- Submission: The new ShortFuZe-produced single, “Animal House,” featuring J.Bond (of Illpo), O.G. Bobby Ne’gro and Pisto Pop. You can find the song on the newly released project, Bear Handz 3: Animal House.
- Streaming Links: You can find the single and Bear Handz 3 project on various digital streaming platforms including Bandcamp and SoundCloud.
- Social Media: You can follow @ethemadassassin on Instagram, and follow @ethemadassassin on Twitter.
Check out the “Animal House” single below.
ETHEMADASSASSIN – ANIMAL HOUSE
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Toronto’s Exmiranda teams up with Wei Yuan for “Tell The Time”
- Free Association: Black Lion teams up with Janel Sherise for “Miles Away”
- Nova Scotian rapper Mitchell Bailey releases “Oprah Winfrey” video in support of album
- Sauga City’s JR Jermz enlists K-Cuzz for “Only If You Knew” video
- BLACK7: Seven Da Pantha & Dat Dude Binz release “Earned Not Given” video
- STUHQ: Jivy Lewis & Lou Pang team up for the “Green Leaves” video
- Fredericton rapper Alias None enlists L.C. for “25/8” video
- Animal House: ethemadassassin enlists J.Bond, O.G. Bobby Ne’gro, & Pisto Pop for single
Song of the Day
/ 12 hours ago
Budding West Coast recording artist Kresnt continues to build on his impressive 2019 run...
/ 1 day ago
Canadian icon Maestro Fresh Wes has released new music inspired by the Toronto Raptors...
/ 1 day ago
Tory Lanez jumped on social media to address colourism in music videos and on...