EverythingOShauN releases “Lowry” video in support of latest album
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the latest visual release from Brampton recording artist, EverythingOShauN. “Lowry” comes in support of his latest album which dropped this past October.
“Toronto/Brampton melodic-rapper EverythingOShauN is in a Polaroid-perfect montage, riding around the north-side’s suburbs in a vintage vehicle with a stripped-down bride, as he contemplates the delicate balance between settling down in a relationship and wanting to ball like The Raptors’ point guard Lowry.”
Kyle Lowry, who was the subject of trade rumours prior to the NBA’s trade deadline, remains on the Raptors as the team brings a four game win streak into a game tomorrow night at home against the Brooklyn Nets.
OShauN’s new video is the first off of the 8-track album, Everything Over Everything Else.
“The imagery in the Fatty Soprano and Shutterr directed video features contrasting elements that effectively tell the dilemma between childhood dreams and adulthood realities: the shirt and tie with the varsity jacket, the purity and tradition of a wedding dress versus the freeing and liberating panties and bra, and essentially the right side up and the upside down; all taking place in an unsettling setting of strange nostalgia mixed with ever-too-real reality.”
“Lowry” is HipHopCanada’s Song of the Day.
- Artist/Group: Toronto/Brampton-based recording artist, EverythingOShauN, representing GSX Music.
- Submission: The new Fatty Soprano and Shutterr-directed video for the Xpress aka DJXP-produced single, “Lowry.” The video features @purplexolive. The song can be found on EverythingOShauN’s latest album, Everything Over Everything Else, which was release to digital platforms on Oct. 19, 2018.
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Feb. 6, 2019. You can find “Lowry” and Everything Over Everything Else on various digital streaming platforms including Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, and TIDAL.
- Social Media: You can follow @EverythingOShauN on Instagram, and follow @EvrythingOShauN on Twitter.
Check out the “Lowry” video below.
EVERYTHINGOSHAUN – LOWRY
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- EverythingOShauN releases “Lowry” video in support of latest album
- Traphouse 4000: TyriqueOrDie drops video built off Nuit Blanche festival performances
- Strategist enlists Ramone & Project Pat for “This Money” video
- SonReal releases visuals for his Trevor Muzzy-produced single “Parachute”
- Classified pays homage to “Beastie Boys” in new Harvey Glazer-directed video
- Bodied: Halifax artist Corey Writes enlists Keke Beatz Films for new video
- Hou I Am: Toronto budding star Houdini releases new project
- DGC rapper Roney releases full-length album, The Hardest Out