Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the newly released Gustavo Guaapo video for “Expensive,” co-directed by Guaapo and Orazio.
“Expensive should motivate you to get in your bag and focus on what’s really important. I made this track so people know that if you work hard and stay loyal you could always figure out ways to overcome obstacles.” – Gustavo Guaapo
Last year newcomer Gustavo Guaapo entered the Toronto scene with his single “Cardio.” He quickly followed it up with the Casper TNG-assisted track “Familiar,” which has been streamed 83.8K times to date.
Since the release of the “Expensive” single, the song has accumulated over 65K streams on Spotify and has been well received by fans. The Andretti-produced track finds Guaapo giving viewers a glimpse of his lifestyle and story.
- Artist/Group: Toronto rapper Gustavo Guaapo, representing TopFloor Entertainment.
- Submission: The new Guaapo and Orazio-directed video for The Andretti-produced single, “Expensive,” which was released back in October.
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube earlier today, Jan. 24, 2019. You can find the single on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, and TIDAL.
- Social Media: You can follow @GustavoGuaapo on Instagram.
Check out the video for “Expensive” below.
GUSTAVO GUAAPO – EXPENSIVE
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Burna Bandz releases the “Beast Mode” video in support of Compact Burna
- Expensive: Toronto’s Gustavo Guaapo drops new visuals for The Andretti-produced single
- Bronx trio The Legion captures life in the 80’s in “1980 Something” video
- Halifax’s Tachichi releases the Top Ten album
- The Super Saga: Sayzee previews new project with “Hit” single
- Toronto’s Jordan Kahn releases “U R My Drug” single off solo debut
- Toronto’s ScrapGang releases the They Don’t Want Me To Win project
- Lost: Toronto’s Ollie releases 3 track EP; launches European tour