New BFR artist J Neat releases the “Rain Drop” video
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new video for “Rain Drop” by Toronto artist J Neat.
“My inspiration for the song was the little raindrops in the instrumental; that’s what gave me the idea for the video.” – J Neat
It’s the first official drop from the young talent since signing to Blue Feathers Records, after building up anticipation with releases like his heavily viewed “Drip Freestyle” video, and his “Still Drifting” collab with the Tallup Twinz. “NEAT,” which featured FB and one of the Tallup Twinz, has racked up another 170K views since dropping back in December.
More recently, J Neat can be found on the “Drift” single by 6IX5IDE.
“Rain Drop,” produced by Ayy Walker Beats, is the first release from the Toronto rapper since being featured on Houdini’s Hou I Am project. The new visual was directed by Phase Four Productions and features cameos by Pressa and Houdini. #NeatlyDone
“Rain Drop” is HipHopCanada’s Song of the Day.
- Artist/Group: Toronto-based recording artist J Neat, representing Blue Feathers Records.
- Submission: The new Phase Four Productions-directed video for the Ayy Walker Beats-produced single, “Rain Drop.”
- Streaming Links: You can find the single on various digital streaming outlets including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @JNeat_ on Instagram.
Check out the “Rain Drop” video below.
J NEAT – RAIN DROP
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Kresnt previews album debut with Nani Beats-produced “Diamonds Forever”
- New BFR artist J Neat releases the “Rain Drop” video
- CultRap: Deniro Farrar is “Stuck For The Bag” in Amelia-directed video
- Squidiculous: SahBabii celebrated his birthday with the 3P EP
- Quake Matthews & Snak The Ripper collaborate on “Way Up”
- no long talk: Baka Not Nice drops 3-track project featuring Juicy J & Giggs
- Jazzy: UFO Fev hits Power 106 to promote Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
- Cuzzi Relax: Jazz Cartier drops new visuals in support of Fleurever (Deluxe)