Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new album Paradise Island from California native, Jehuniko.
In the ever changing hip-hop climate, change is certain but longevity and consistency is fleeting. Jehuniko represents the latter. He is an original, bluesy hip-hop artist with lyrics in English and Spanish. He shares words involving his personal experiences and struggles in life.
“Whether it is the rapid fire flow and ever changing cadence, or melodically crafting hooks, Jehuniko continues to show that evolution is the key to success.”
Jehuniko has been putting in work and is really starting see his buzz build. His performance history is also impressive – including shows in Mexico City, Mexicali and Tijuana, Mexico, and three European tours – he’s shared the stage with Delinquent Habits, HR of Bad Brains, Mack 10, Ghostface Killah, Black Sheep, Lupe Fiasco, De La Sol, KRS One, Raekwon, the Coup, Sen Dog (Cypress Hill), Mellow Man Ace, The Psycho Realm and more.
- Artist/Group: Southern California recording artist, Jehuniko.
- Submission: The new 9-track independently released album, Paradise Island.
- Streaming Links: The album is available on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @Jehuniko on Instagram. Check out the official site, Jehuniko.com.
Check out the Paradise Island album below.
JEHUNIKO – PARADISE ISLAND
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Cali artist Jehuniko releases the new album Paradise Album
- LB & Prince Dawn drop new “F*ck Wit Us” video in support of EP
- YVRello & The LJ drop “YV International” visuals in support of YV Radio Vol. 1
- New Yuck City: Dirty Sanchez 47 releases CJ Fly-directed “BiPolar” video
- Zee & The Empties drop the “Burnabarian” video in advance of EP debut
- Link Up: Dartmouth’s Bucky Blanks enlists producer Epik The Dawn for new single
- Do It Right: KingCon drops visuals for Sentury Status-powered single
- Way Up: SHDW releases first single off album debut, Earthtones & Greyscale
Song of the Day
/ 23 hours ago
Continuing to spearhead uncharted territories with his music, Afghan-Canadian Kresnt’s single “Never Picked” was...
/ 1 day ago
Ottawa recording artist Dax is back with another super impressive visual aid. Dax posted...
/ 2 days ago
Happy Birthday Hip-Hop! Back on August 11, 1973, DJ Hool Herc threw a “Back...