Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with latest single, “No Chill,” (featuring Dillin Hoox) from Ottawa-based recording artist, Johnny Word.
- Artist/Group: Ottawa-based recording artist, Johnny Word.
- Submission: The new Larkin-produced single, “No Chill,” featuring fellow Ottawa-based rapper and producer, Dillin Hoox. The track can be found on Word’s evolving album, Notes, which is now 14 tracks long.
- Streaming Links: You can find “No Chill” on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @JohnnyWordMusic and @DillinHoox on Instagram. Be sure to check out the official site, JohnnyWord.com.
You can check out the “No Chill” single below.
JOHNNY WORD – NO CHILL (FEATURING DILLIN HOOX)
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Scarborough’s Kataem adds visual support to AOJ-produced “Madness”
- Toronto’s Prenze & Hanad Bandz team up for the “Never Change” video
- Where You From: Nixxon enlists Charlton Visuals for Meeno Giinchy-assisted single
- Toronto group STUHQ release fresh visuals for “Big Big”
- Vancouver’s Kendra Dias and Mentiras team for new single “18”
- Made In Sauga intros the new Lincoln single & video for “Closure”
- Johnny Word releases the Dillin Hoox-assisted “No Chill” single
- One Night: Toronto’s Josh Clarke enlists Camilleon to direct new video
Song of the Day
/ 2 hours ago
Rappers Haviah Mighty, Shad, rap duo Snotty Nose Rez Kids and singer-songwriter Jessie Reyez...
/ 4 days ago
Starting in a small town in Ontario to becoming an internationally renown Producer/DJ, Murda...
/ 4 days ago
As rain poured down and Bluesfest pushed back the time they’d open the front...