We’re several weeks into our Submission Sundays segment and we’ve discovered a ton of great new artists in the process. One such act is overseas up-and-comer Jonah Wright (formerly known as Buzzer). His Gavin-assisted single “Flying” touches on dreams becoming reality, and the new video compliments it perfectly.
“Sweep into ecstasy when Jonah Wright invites the listener into his universe of dreams, ambitions and realizations. Flying is a tribute to the passion Jonah Wright is driven by, describing the beginning of a musical journey he has dreamed of all his life.”
As a young musician, the road can be long and tough, but the best comfort, is a belief that you’ve made the right choice. A choice that means you can’t compromise yourself based on what other people think, which is exemplified when Wright sings, “I used to be afraid of what they thought.”
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Who: Recording artist Jonah Wright (formerly known as Buzzer).
- What: The new Bears In Tuxedos Productions-directed video for the single “Flying,” produced by Yuwanit, who manages to create a special atmosphere of melodic trap fused with electronic elements, creating space for the vocals to shine through.
- When: “Flying” is available now on YouTube. You can find the single on streaming services like iTunes and Spotify.
- Where: Representing Copenhagen, Denmark, and Affiliated.
- Why: We just recently became familiar with the Affiliated movement, and Jonah Wright was certainly one of the standouts on the deep roster. His new single (and video) are incredibly dope and was one of the first submissions we selected this time around. The video switches between an aesthetic expression and the raw crew feeling, wrapped up in a bold attitude with a keen grin. Flying is produced and published by the independent record label, Affiliated, where both Jonah Wright and Gavin are signed. Wright’s authentic style also supports the theme of the song, as his stylish and fashionable clothes are in contrast to his worn, dirty Air Jordans. His charismatic voice and convincing level of lyricism go hand-in-hand with Gavin’s crisp vocal and inventive flows, delivered with authenticity.
Watch the “Flying” video below.
JONAH WRIGHT – FLYING FEATURING GAVIN
Follow @WrightCPH on Instagram.
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- From Montreal to Miami: Dela Ville releases the “Graduation” video
- Dakk’One airs out the “Dirty Laundry” of prejudice
- Nunavut artist Hyper-T tackles suicide with “Asiujunga (I’m Lost)”
- Quebec City’s Bardy Boyz drop the Coeur De Pirate video
- Winnipeg’s Myazwe releases the Pascal-produced “By The Dozen”
- Jonah Wright of Affiliated enlists Gavin for “Flying”
- Vials enlists 3D visual artist Jason Ebeyer for “Rockstar” video
- Brooklyn’s Scott King speaks on the ladies from “Round The Way”