CARAS: Submitting to the JUNOs for Rap Recording of the Year is FREE
October started off with some amazing news for Canadian rap artists. CARAS, the organization that runs the JUNO Awards, has announced that submission fees for the Rap Recording of the Year category have been fully subsidized. In other words, it’s free to submit so there’s really no reason not to get your music in before the deadline.
The news came in a press release issued on Oct. 1, which announced a partnership with TD. Rap Recording of the Year is one of six genre-specific categories that the company will be supporting.
“TD is proud to support Canadian artists and will, for the first time, be fully subsidizing fees this year for the following categories: Vocal Jazz Album of the Year, Jazz Album of the Year: Solo, Jazz Album of the Year: Group, Rap Recording of the Year, Contemporary R&B Recording of the Year, and Traditional R&B/Soul Recording of the Year.”
To be considered for nomination for the 2021 JUNO Awards, national music release dates must fall between the eligibility period of September 1, 2019 and November, 6, 2020.
Here are the key submission dates and deadlines:
– October 1, 2020 – Submissions Open
– October 16, 2020, 5:00 p.m. ET – Deadline for discounted early-bird submission
– November 6, 2020, 11:59 p.m. ET – Deadline for submissions.
Eligible music must be available for all Canadians and for national sale (1) or via a recognized national streaming provider (2):
1. Product must be released nationally via brick and mortar stores or third-party online retailers.
2. Product must be released via a nationally accessible streaming service that has paid subscriptions, full catalogue, or on demand streaming.
5 Ways to Support HipHopCanada:
- Submit Your Music
- Follow Canadian Fresh (HipHopCanada’s Spotify Playlist)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook