Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the exclusive premiere of the new “Don’t Step” single from Evil Ebenezer and JYAY off their forthcoming collaborative album. Here’s the press release that was packaged with the track. Scroll down to hear it.
Evil Ebenezer & JYAY release new single “Don’t Step” from new collaborative album
5-time Western Canadian Music Award nominee and Stompdown Killaz crew affiliate Evil Ebenezer and East Coast hip-hop artist JYAY have released their new joint single “Don’t Step.”. The single was produced by C-Lance (Snak The Ripper, Merkules) and recorded by Juno Award-winning hip-hop producer Rob The Viking at Chamber Studios.
“Don’t Step” is the latest from their upcoming new album, which is slated to drop in April. The song follows up the duo’s previous single “Rambo”, which was spinning on Spotify’s Hip-Hop Central and Northern Bars playlists. Evil Ebenezer and JAY will kick off their Canadian tour in Toronto with a performance at Canadian Music Week in May. The tour will go across Canada hitting all major markets.
5-time Western Canadian Music Award nominee and Stompdown Killaz crew affiliate Evil Ebenezer has built a strong support base with over 20,000,000 streams of his songs and videos, sales of over 20,000 albums, performing numerous headlining tours across Canada, and also touring the United States and Europe. The Vancouver-based rapper/singer has performed over 100 shows per year for almost a decade, and has toured with his SDK crew members Merkules and Snak the Ripper, as well as sharing stages with other internationally recognized artists such as A$AP Rocky, Tech N9ne, Raekwon, Yelawolf, House of Pain, Swollen Members, Onyx, and many more. Evil Ebenezer is pushing boundaries with his critically acclaimed music and videos, and he has had regular airplay on MuchMusic and college radio stations across North America.
Newfoundland Music Award-winning rapper JYAY is building quickly. He has rocked clubs and festivals across 10 countries with internationally renowned rappers like Merkules, Evil Ebenezer, Lil Windex, and Ghettosocks. With the assistance of critically acclaimed producers like 3-time JUNO Award winner Rob the Viking and East Coast beat wunderkind C-Lance JYAY’s songs and music videos have received over 1,000,000 streams, and his music has been featured on key streaming playlists like Spotify’s Hip-Hop Central, Canada Viral 50, New Music Friday, and Northern Bars. Commercial Top 40 radio station 99.1 Hits FM in St John’s retired JYAY’s single “No Way” with champion status after it won their “Battle of the Beats” competition 4 times in a row, garnering a substantial amount of airplay for months.
- Artist/Group: West Coast artist Evil Ebenezer and East Coast artist JYAY.
- Submission: The C-Lance-produced single, “Don’t Step,” off their forthcoming collaborative album set to drop this April.
- Streaming Links: “Don’t Step” will be available on various digital streaming platforms soon including Apple Music, Google Play, and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @EvilEbenezer and @JYAYMusic on Instagram.
Check out “Don’t Step” below.
EVIL EBENEZER & JYAY – DON’T STEP
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Up-and-comer Malachi releases visuals in support of “San Fernando Wine”
- Calgary’s BMK Baby & K Price get “LOUD” in Conor Neal-powered video
- Red Deer’s Dom Sawyer impresses with 6-track EP Hope is Fake
- Toronto’s Rosie Monday releases Gdcmplx-assisted “Fuck a Like” single
- SHV G of RMG enlists RodZilla for “Jumping Out The Gym” video
- Toronto up-and-comer Adrian Terell releases visuals for “401”
- Halifax’s Quake Matthews drops visuals for his “Mockingbird” remix
- Don’t Step: Evil Ebenezer & JYAY preview collaborative album with “Don’t Step”
Song of the Day
/ 2 days ago
We’ve been looking forward to this one! West Coast artists Merkules and Evil Ebenezer...