You’re “Foolish” if you sleep on the new Kapok single
Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the new single “Foolish” (featuring Ashleigh Eymann) by Mayan-Canadian recording artist, Kapok.
“The first single and title track off of the upcoming release Foolish. Kapok and Ashleigh Eymann offer a smooth delivery over a vibey and intelligently arranged production by AstroLogical.”
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Who: Recording artist Kapok.
- What: The AstroLogical-produced title track to the forthcoming project, Foolish. The single features Ashleigh Eymann, who compliments Kapok’s sound and the overall vibe of the track perfectly. Hopefully they have plans for future collaborations.
- When: The song is available now on SoundCloud and iTunes.
- Where: Representing Vancouver, British Columbia and Kapok Music.
- Why: Our first introduction to an up-and-coming West Coast talent with a fresh sound. If the Foolish project is anything like the title track, it could be the perfect soundtrack for the summer season ahead.
You can listen to “Foolish” below.
KAPOK – FOOLISH FEATURING ASHLEIGH EYMANN
“Born In Toronto, Canada and holding it down in Vancouver. Kapok draws inspiration from the world around him and the various experience’s of his life. The Mayan-Canadian emcee began writing lyrics as a teen and quickly became known for his versatile flow and impeccable freestyles. Kapok has opened for various artists such as the late J Dilla’s brother; illa J alongside Frank Nitty, Jamaica Queens own ONYX, Cormega, as well as The Grouch and Eligh.”
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
The be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Charlie Fettah & CrabSkull release the “Hell Is Hot” video
- Ottawa artist Freddy Printz enlists Juwn for the “C.P.T.” video
- Montreal’s Gaby Harvey releases the Don Dada-produced “Ride” single
- Toronto’s Valentino teams up with DS for the “Sauce God” visuals
- Cape Breton’s Mitchell Bailey enlists director MooseCanFly for “Who Is U”
- You’re “Foolish” if you sleep on the new Kapok single
- Ottawa artist SVLM shows love to his squad with “Mafioso”
- Toronto artist Trak drops the Alat-assisted single “Love Me”