Up-and-comer Malachi releases visuals in support of “San Fernando Wine”
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the latest video from newcomer Malachi.
“San Fernando Wine” follows Malachi’s debut single, “Right Now,” released in January. The single was the world’s first introduction to the young Toronto-based artist. The official music video for the track arrived shortly after its release.
“The track emphasizes Malachi’s ability to combine hard hitting lyrics and rhythmic verses with ease. Its exemplified by the melodic backdrop that seamlessly merges every element of the song.”
Growing up on the outskirts of Toronto, the 21-year-old talent, spent his childhood surrounded by music of all kinds. From his Trinidadian-born father’s reggae career to his mother’s favourite R&B singers like Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah and Destiny’s Child, music was always part of his environment. Malachi began actively participating in music when his grandmother had him join her church’s gospel choir at the age of four. Over the last three years he’s been locked in studio bringing his songwriting to life. Now, he’s ready to release the outpouring of creativity and share it with the world.
- Artist/Group: 21-year-old Toronto-based recording artist, Malachi.
- Submission: The new video for Malachi’s second single, “San Fernando Wine,” which was released on Feb. 22, 2019 via 21 Entertainment Group and Universal Music Canada.
- Streaming Links: You can find the single on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @MalachiSound on Instagram, and follow @MalachiSound21 on Twitter.
Check out the “San Fernando Wine” video below.
MALACHI – SAN FERNANDO WINE
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Up-and-comer Malachi releases visuals in support of “San Fernando Wine”
- Calgary’s BMK Baby & K Price get “LOUD” in Conor Neal-powered video
- Red Deer’s Dom Sawyer impresses with 6-track EP Hope is Fake
- Toronto’s Rosie Monday releases Gdcmplx-assisted “Fuck a Like” single
- SHV G of RMG enlists RodZilla for “Jumping Out The Gym” video
- Toronto up-and-comer Adrian Terell releases visuals for “401”
- Halifax’s Quake Matthews drops visuals for his “Mockingbird” remix
- Don’t Step: Evil Ebenezer & JYAY preview collaborative album with “Don’t Step”