Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the new Dame Grease-produced “Grand Prix” single by legendary New York City rapper, Method Man.
“The track is a return to Method Man’s true form: dark undercurrents mixed with sharp wordplay and seamless delivery. It’s that skill-set that has kept Method Man a continuous torchbearer for real rap, and his most obvious attribute.” – Billboard
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Artist/Group: New York City rapper Method Man of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan.
- Submission: The new Dame Grease-produced single “Grand Prix.” The track is the first single off Method Man’s upcoming project, The Meth Lab II: The Lithium. The album was recorded in Meth Lab Studios on Staten Island and will drop later this year via Hanz On Music Entertainment (H.O.M.E.) / ONErpm.
- Streaming Links: The new single is available on various streaming platforms including Amazon, Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @MethodManOfficial on Instagram.
Method Man, aka Clifford Smith, is one of the standout members of hip-hop’s most celebrated collective the Wu-Tang Clan. With over two decades in the spotlight, he has become an entertainment icon – winning Grammy awards for his musical masterpieces and lending his acting skills to cult favorite films and TV shows. He’s currently a series regular on HBO original program The Deuce, host of TBS’ musical reality competition show Drop The Mic, and was cast in the upcoming comedy Son of Shaft.
Check out “Grand Prix” below.
METHOD MAN – GRAND PRIX
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
Submission Sundays is a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gives us a chance to show love to people who aren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gives them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Nightmare and Sleepy enlist August Wahh for “Tuned Out”
- Toronto’s Nathan Ali releases debut single “I Wanna Know”
- Toronto’s Troy Phoenix releases the “OTS: Off The Shit” video
- Halifax’s J-Bru enlists Grizzly Cut Films for “The King’s Home”
- One More Night: Toronto duo OSIYM drop Dutch Revz-produced single
- Montréal’s own ELMNT teams up with Yondo for “Rodeo”
- Method Man releases “Grand Prix” in advance of The Meth Lab II
- Toronto artist Mobi Mawla drops his debut EP Freedom