Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the debut EP, Freedom, from Toronto recording artist Mobi Mawla.
“The EP is a solid introduction to Mobi’s story and style as he continues to build a genre blending sound centered around strong song writing and flows.”
Mobi spent several years living in Florida, which shaped his sound and development, the project is inspired by his time there and the influence of the “American Dream.” The project puts a heavy emphasis on being free to believe in your dream while chasing it to make something of yourself. On this 6 track EP with no features, you will find the singles “No Handouts” as well as “Dream On” while featuring production from FrancisGotHeat, Nate Smith and Keith Bell.
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Artist/Group: Toronto-based recording artist, Mobi Mawla.
- Submission: The debut EP, Freedom, released Aug. 5, 2018 via EARRUPT.
- Streaming Links: The new project is available on various streaming platforms including Apple Music, and SoundCloud.
- Social Media: You can follow https://www.instagram.com/mobimawla/ on Instagram, and https://twitter.com/MobiMawla on Twitter. Be sure to check out the official site MobiMawla.com.
Check out the Freedom EP below.
MOBI MAWLA – FREEDOM EP
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
Submission Sundays is a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gives us a chance to show love to people who aren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gives them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Nightmare and Sleepy enlist August Wahh for “Tuned Out”
- Toronto’s Nathan Ali releases debut single “I Wanna Know”
- Toronto’s Troy Phoenix releases the “OTS: Off The Shit” video
- Halifax’s J-Bru enlists Grizzly Cut Films for “The King’s Home”
- One More Night: Toronto duo OSIYM drop Dutch Revz-produced single
- Montréal’s own ELMNT teams up with Yondo for “Rodeo”
- Method Man releases “Grand Prix” in advance of The Meth Lab II
- Toronto artist Mobi Mawla drops his debut EP Freedom
Song of the Day
/ 8 hours ago
Last night, Harlem rapper A$AP Rocky channeled the spirit of Thanksgiving by delivering 120...
/ 1 day ago
Up-and-coming East Coast rapper Vince the Messenger is the latest feature on The Intro,...
/ 2 days ago
Drake has been nominated for a pair of Grammy Awards for his Lil Durk-assisted...