Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new album, Myopic Bubble; the latest from Vancouver hip-hop veteran Moka Only in partnership with indie label, Dead Wrestlers Music.
“When you’re the big men on campus you can talk soft and carry a big stick, but the Dead Wrestlers are championship material and they flex skills like 24 inch biceps!”
Along with the new album, a Billy Slade-powered video was released for the single, “Tan Jacket.” For some reason they’ve decided to disable video embedding on that one, so you’ll need to head over to YouTube to check it out.
- Artist/Group: Victoria, BC-born recording artist and producer, Moka Only, co-founder of Swollen Members.
- Submission: The new album Myopic Bubble, released through the popular indie movement Dead Wrestlers Music. To date, Moka has also released over 75+ studio album and over 10 EPs since making his debut with Upcoast Relix album in 1995. That figure doesn’t even include the 10+ collaborative projects listed on his discography. There might not be a Canadian hip-hop artists with more releases under their belt… and with lots of unreleased material still in the vault. As you may have guessed, Myopic Bubble isn’t the only project Moka released this year. The Concert for One instrumental album was released through URBNET back in July.
- Streaming Links: The new album is available on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @Moka_Only on Instagram, and follow @Moka_Only on Twitter.
You can check out the new Myopic Bubble album below.
MOKA ONLY – MYOPIC BUBBLE
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Moka Only teams up with Dead Wrestlers Music for new album Myopic Bubble
- Victoria’s Prometheus The Titan enlists Cinematic Beats for new “Losing My Mind” single
- Sydney’s Treiluminado releases new video for “My Revenge”
- Toronto’s B.ONLOCATION drops joint video for “911” and “Twin Flame”
- Trap Rel8ted: Toronto-based rapper 2Kz turns heads with 12-track mixtape
- Brampton’s Reeko Rieffe teams up with Mnstrm for “SAMEWAYS”
- Haïti’s C-Projects enlist La Perle & Family Senci for “Gheto Pam Cho” visuals
- London duo Too Many T’s enlist video game artist triff for “PATTERNS”
Song of the Day
/ 1 day ago
On Oct. 4, Toronto artist Dan-e-o officially released his latest studio album, The Day...
/ 1 day ago
Ottawa rapper City Fidelia has released his full-length debut, Painkiller. The 13-track project features...
/ 4 days ago
Ottawa recording artist Dillin Hoox is back with a hot new EP called Valhalla....