Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the debut single “I Wanna Know” from Toronto singer-songwriter Nathan Ali.
Packed with singles that he all wrote himself, his EP is a raw and personal ode to his story, all wrapped in a masterfully produced urban influenced album.
“Illustrating some of the insecurities and vulnerabilities we all feel entering a new relationship, the single is a dialogue between both partners trying to navigate these new territories together.”
“I want my music to be a reflection of my life, something listeners can relate to no matter where they’re coming from. I want my truth to resonate with others and inspire them to look past and get out of whatever negativity they’re going through,” says artist Nathan Ali. “‘I Wanna Know’ is just a small glimpse of my truth and what people can expect to hear on the upcoming album. Music has helped set me free in so many ways that I want to have that same impact with listeners.”
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Artist/Group: Toronto-based recording artist Nathan Ali.
- Submission: The debut single “I Wanna Know” off Ali’s forthcoming self-titled EP slated for Fall 2018.
- Streaming Links: You can find the single on various streaming platforms including Spotify and Apple Music.
- Social Media: You can follow @Tsunami_Ali on Instagram.
Check out “I Wanna Know” below.
NATHAN ALI – I WANNA KNOW
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
Submission Sundays is a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gives us a chance to show love to people who aren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gives them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Nightmare and Sleepy enlist August Wahh for “Tuned Out”
- Toronto’s Nathan Ali releases debut single “I Wanna Know”
- Toronto’s Troy Phoenix releases the “OTS: Off The Shit” video
- Halifax’s J-Bru enlists Grizzly Cut Films for “The King’s Home”
- One More Night: Toronto duo OSIYM drop Dutch Revz-produced single
- Montréal’s own ELMNT teams up with Yondo for “Rodeo”
- Method Man releases “Grand Prix” in advance of The Meth Lab II
- Toronto artist Mobi Mawla drops his debut EP Freedom