Where You From: Nixxon enlists Charlton Visuals for Meeno Giinchy-assisted single
Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new Meeno Giinchy-assisted video for “Where You From” by Toronto-based recording artist, Nixxon.
“‘Nixxon’s upgraded new taste in rap is complemented by Rekkzone’s dark trap sound with movie-score style of production.”
“Where You From” delivers an important message to the youth of Toronto, with the city experiencing one of the worst years ever for gun violence. Nixxon formulates us a narrative of bravery, risks, trust and friendship. Themes often overlooked in the priority neighborhoods that many artists have called home.
Rekkzone and Fil Jackson are planning a special follow up project evolving Nixxon’s sound and approach, slated to come out Spring 2019.
- Artist/Group: Toronto-based recording artist, Nixxon.
- Submission: The new Charlton Visuals-directed video for the Rekkzone-produced single, “Where You From,” featuring Meeno Giinchy.
- Streaming Links: The video was posted on Nov. 24, to Nixxon’s official YouTube channel. You can find “Where You From” on the Nixxon’s Black Velvet project which is available on Apple Music, Spotify, and other digital streaming outlets.
- Social Media: You can follow @NixxonMusic on Instagram, and follow @NixxonMusic on Twitter.
You can watch the “Where You From” video below.
NIXXON – WHERE YOU FROM (FEATURING MEENO GIINCHY)
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Scarborough’s Kataem adds visual support to AOJ-produced “Madness”
- Toronto’s Prenze & Hanad Bandz team up for the “Never Change” video
- Where You From: Nixxon enlists Charlton Visuals for Meeno Giinchy-assisted single
- Toronto group STUHQ release fresh visuals for “Big Big”
- Vancouver’s Kendra Dias and Mentiras team for new single “18”
- Made In Sauga intros the new Lincoln single & video for “Closure”
- Johnny Word releases the Dillin Hoox-assisted “No Chill” single
- One Night: Toronto’s Josh Clarke enlists Camilleon to direct new video
Song of the Day
/ 4 days ago
I’ve never met Lil Riskey (aka YB Riskey) and prior to coming a across...
/ 6 days ago
Roughly six years ago, we sat down with Jersey City rapper Joe Budden of...
/ 1 week ago
Introducing Ottawa-based talent and comedian at heart, Sir Jax, the second artist featured on...
/ 2 weeks ago
To those of you who aren’t in the know, Quake Matthews has been making...