Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with a new three-track EP from Toronto recording artist, Ollie.
With a focused vision, and a clear message behind his music, Ollie’s latest endeavor, a 3-track EP entitled, Lost, is setting a promising foundation for 2019. The release coincides with Ollie’s UK/European tour beginning today that includes shows in London, the Czech Republic and three in Germany. North American dates will be announced next month.
“Lost, which explores themes of insecurities, paranoia and relationships, adds a complex layer to Ollie’s music, once more highlighting his musicality and fearlessness of being himself, and giving fans something to connect to intimately.”
Ollie first emerged on the hip-hop scene after a life-changing car accident sparked an awakening, leading him to leave his athletic dreams behind and drop out of university. Pulling inspiration from hip-hop/r&b, pop, rock and country, the latter of which serving as a representation of his small town upbringing, Ollie’s music presents itself as a unique catalogue of sounds and cadences. Moreover, Ollie’s skillset highlights his ability to adapt to different genres effortlessly, creating a series of lyrical paintings that are not only captivating, but relatable.
- Artist/Group: Toronto-based recording artist and songwriter, Ollie./li>
- Submission: The new three-track EP, Lost, which features the title track, “Lost,” which was produced by Boyfifty, “It’s Not Me It’s You,” and “Proud.”
- Streaming Links: You can find “Lost” on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify via Warner Music Canada.
- Social Media: You can follow @Ollie_Raps on Instagram, and follow @OllieRaps on Twitter.
Check out Lost below.
OLLIE – LOST
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Burna Bandz releases the “Beast Mode” video in support of Compact Burna
- Expensive: Toronto’s Gustavo Guaapo drops new visuals for The Andretti-produced single
- Bronx trio The Legion captures life in the 80’s in “1980 Something” video
- Halifax’s Tachichi releases the Top Ten album
- The Super Saga: Sayzee previews new project with “Hit” single
- Toronto’s Jordan Kahn releases “U R My Drug” single off solo debut
- Toronto’s ScrapGang releases the They Don’t Want Me To Win project
- Lost: Toronto’s Ollie releases 3 track EP; launches European tour
/ 13 hours ago
Just over a month ago, the British Columbia hip-hop community suffered a terrible loss...
/ 3 days ago
Toronto rapper Jahmarie Adams, known to the music industry as Jazz Cartier, started off...
/ 3 days ago
Rappers Haviah Mighty, Shad, rap duo Snotty Nose Rez Kids and singer-songwriter Jessie Reyez...