Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the new “Alright” single by budding Montréall group Ragers.
“Sounds like a refurbished, infinitely more chill take on drum and bass for a new generation… the warped bass line, breakbeats, and shiny guitar lines.” – The FADER
Submission Sundays is a segment featuring eight songs or videos based 100% on submissions we receive through our Submission Form. We select our favourite eight as a team, and the rest of the submissions are put back in the pool for future consideration.
- Who: 4-man recording act Ragers.
- What: The new self-produced single “Alright” (with additional production by Valaire).
- When: Available now on SoundCloud.
- Where: Representing Montréal, Québec.
- Why: “Alright” is a hook-laden anthem with touches of Motown and soul alongside new school production and a touch of 90s hip-hop. Lyrically it deals with complex matters of the heart and the excesses of instant gratification.
The group commented on the release of their new song:
“We’re celebrating complicated modern love in the age of excess and digital stardom. This is a Ragers love story… and of course, a party. Even though love can sometimes leave us lost, it will all be Alright, we’re gonna be Alright!”
You can listen to “Alright” below.
RAGERS – ALRIGHT
Follow @LesRagers on Instagram.
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
The be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Toronto’s Seth Dyer releases catchy new self-produced single “El Jefe”
- East Coast group K.U.$.H. releases the Smoke Signals album
- Toronto artist teddybear releases the Cian P-produced “Cheshire”
- Jordan Kahn previews debut project with “Hollywood (Where Dreams Die)” single
- Toronto artist Vivek Mehmi releases the Brenda Mullen-assisted “Save Me” video
- Sir Hop releases the Blanco_iii-produced “B.O.M.S.A.”
- London’s Young Prince Beats drops the Stoner Simpson project
- Montreal group Ragers are gonna be “Alright” with new single
Song of the Day
/ 2 days ago
Dec. 6th to 8th, 2019 – Sync Con Hollywood: Music in Film and TV...
/ 4 days ago
Vancouver-based Boslen first hit the scene in 2018 with his debut EP, Motionless, and...
/ 6 days ago
For the last couple of years, budding Toronto recording artist Swagger Rite has become...