Raw Footage: Ragers’ new album features Lou Phelps, CeasRock & more
Lou and Ragers live a few doors down from each other in Montréal and collaborate all the time. They cut “Medicine” and everyone knew it was going to be a hit but they weren’t sure whose record it would be on.
Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the new Lou Phelps-assisted “Medicine” single from Montréal’s Ragers. The song appears on the new album Raw Footage which was released on Friday, June 8.
Lou and Ragers live a few doors down from each other in Montréal and collaborate all the time. They cut “Medicine” and everyone knew it was going to be a hit but they weren’t sure whose record it would be on. It ended up on Ragers’ new LP which embodies modern pop and hip hop, musical proficiency, on point flow, and the band’s undeniable talent in creating catchy hooks and melodies.
“Sounds like a refurbished, infinitely more chill take on drum and bass for a new generation… the warped bass line, breakbeats, and shiny guitar lines.” –
Submission Sundays is a segment featuring eight songs or videos based 100% on submissions we receive through our Submission Form. We select our favourite eight as a team, and the rest of the submissions are put back in the pool for future consideration.
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Artist/Group: 4-man Montréal, QC based hip-hop and electronic group, Ragers.
- Submission: The self-produced single “Medicine” (featuring Lou Phelphs) which is featured on the new Ragers project, Raw Footage.
- Streaming Links: “Medicine” and Raw Footage are available on Spotify, SoundCloud, and other digital outlets. If you’re just getting familiar with Ragers, make sure you also check out the single “Alright.”
- Social Media: Follow @LesRagers on Instagram.
“One of Canada’s most exciting new groups.” – Okayplayer
You can listen to “Medicine” and Raw Footage below.
RAGERS – MEDICINE FEATURING LOU PHELPS
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
Submission Sundays is a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment gives us a chance to show love to people who aren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gives them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Montréal’s Ragers drop Lou Phelps-assisted single “Medicine”
- Pay The Fee: Bella Bankz enlists Nanna Goodie for new single
- Everything Is Fine: Dominique Larue & Tha Audio Unit team up for EP
- Toronto’s AllyxWay, TCTHEGXD & ShaunSmithh release the “DEAD” video
- 13-year-old Toronto artist Yung 8to3 drops the “Changes” video
- Brampton’s Young Cake drops visuals for Bass Line-produced “You Got It”
- Ottawa’s SVLM previews EP with “Day Dreaming” single
- Cardo Antonnio supports Baby Bounce with “On Fiyee” video