DGC rapper Roney releases full-length album, The Hardest Out
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the latest project from DGC rapper, Roney. The Hardest Out, featuring RONDAWGG in top form, is 13-tracks long and was released independently on Jan. 18, 2019 via Don’t Get Close.
Roney has released several videos in support of the album with the most recent being the Brett Yelland-powered “Dear Mama.” Prior to that, he worked with M Works to visualize the Reaper Beatz-produced “Dark Joker,” and worked with Yelland and Marcus Letts to bring to life his popular Patrick Carmelo-produced banger, “Little Do You Know.”
It’s probably safe to assume that at least a couple of other songs on the project will get video treatment. But if you’re looking for more new video content from Roney, check out the new “Tony Parker (G-MIX).” It’s hosted by 6ixBuzz and also features contributions from Twy, Bizz Loc, Pretty Savage and Troy Gatez.
- Artist/Group: Toronto rapper Roney, representing DGC.
- Submission: The 13-track project, The Hardest Out, featuring FBG Duck and Russell.
- Streaming Links: You can find the album on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @DGCRondawg on Instagram.
Check out The Hardest Out below.
RONEY – THE HARDEST OUT
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- EverythingOShauN releases “Lowry” video in support of latest album
- Traphouse 4000: TyriqueOrDie drops video built off Nuit Blanche festival performances
- Strategist enlists Ramone & Project Pat for “This Money” video
- SonReal releases visuals for his Trevor Muzzy-produced single “Parachute”
- Classified pays homage to “Beastie Boys” in new Harvey Glazer-directed video
- Bodied: Halifax artist Corey Writes enlists Keke Beatz Films for new video
- Hou I Am: Toronto budding star Houdini releases new project
- DGC rapper Roney releases full-length album, The Hardest Out