In our first run of The Weekly Eight, we feature The Sawlid Act; the debut project from Ottawa-based recording artist and producer, Sawlid (aka Nic Grhymes).
- Artist/Group: Ottawa, Ontario-based recording artist and producer, Sawlid (aka Nic Grhymes). He started rapping at the age of 13 and first appeared on mixtapes released by Ottawa label Landlokt Records several years ago. The young rapper was featured on the Grand Theft Ottawa mixtape alongside his cousin Sir Jax (who went by The Kaliber at the time), as well as other members of the Landlokt team.
- Submission: The 10-track independently released debut album, The Sawlid Act. The project is expected to hit Apple Music and Spotify in the near future.
- Streaming Links: You can stream the album now on SoundCloud.
- Social Media: You can follow @NicGrhymes on Instagram, and follow @ItsSawlid on Twitter.
Check out The Sawlid Act below.
SAWLID – THE SAWLID ACT
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- The Sawlid Act: Ottawa-based rapper makes debut with 10-track album
- Toronto’s DJ NaNa releases “Lullaby” single featuring Saukrates
- Up-and-comer Kiddo enlists G-Dot to direct “Crazy”
- North York’s JMilly drops the Donte Chung-directed “Count It” video
- LA artist Lil One Hunnet drops visuals for “Ridin In My Benzo”
- Toronto’s Rue.T, Tao Piccasso, & Bondz team up for “Body Bag”
- Toronto up-and-comer Bvlly releases the “No Light Bag” video
- Song of the Day: ScrapGang’s KG & Freeze “Hold It Down” in new video
Song of the Day
/ 10 hours ago
One of Canada’s fastest rising rap stars has released his latest project, Winnipeg’s Anomaly....
/ 22 hours ago
Last night, Harlem rapper A$AP Rocky channeled the spirit of Thanksgiving by delivering 120...
/ 2 days ago
Up-and-coming East Coast rapper Vince the Messenger is the latest feature on The Intro,...