Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the newly released “Hit” single from NewAgeSound rapper, Sayzee (formerly known as Sese, and Scorsese).
“Hit” is a record that thumps on your speakers. It is co-produced by Dom Banks and YungSavBeats while being mixed by Kevin Rolly. The song—the latest from the The Super Saga project—is themed after the character “Hit” from the hit Japanese anime TV series, Dragon Ball Z.
“Listen as Sayzee attacks the distorted 808 drums and memorizing melody precisely like the character Hit does in the Dragon Ball Super series.”
This is only the second single off The Super Saga with a third to be released before the tentative February release date. The Super Saga is the latest in an already impressive DBZ-inspired catalogue of projects under Sayzee’s belt, including The Buu Saga, The Frieza Saga, and the one that set things off a few years ago, The Cell Saga. The series has earned Sayzee a legion of new fans and has received praise from notable artists including Drake. Be on the look out for everything Sayzee in 2019.
- Artist/Group: St. Catharines, Ontario recording artist Sayzee, representing NewAgeSound.
- Submission: The Dom Banks and YungSavBeats-produced single, “Hit,” off Sayzee’s forthcoming release, The Super Saga.
- Streaming Links: You can find “Hit” on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @Sayzee_NewAge on Instagram, and follow @Sayzee_NewAge on Twitter.
Check out “Hit” below.
SAYZEE – HIT
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Burna Bandz releases the “Beast Mode” video in support of Compact Burna
- Expensive: Toronto’s Gustavo Guaapo drops new visuals for The Andretti-produced single
- Bronx trio The Legion captures life in the 80’s in “1980 Something” video
- Halifax’s Tachichi releases the Top Ten album
- The Super Saga: Sayzee previews new project with “Hit” single
- Toronto’s Jordan Kahn releases “U R My Drug” single off solo debut
- Toronto’s ScrapGang releases the They Don’t Want Me To Win project
- Lost: Toronto’s Ollie releases 3 track EP; launches European tour
Song of the Day
/ 10 hours ago
Just weeks after his album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200—and he...
/ 3 days ago
Very sad news coming out of Chicago, especially for fans of the drill scene....