Our Weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the hot new mixtape, They Don’t Want Me To Win, from KG and Freeze of Toronto’s ScrapGang.
The 12-track project features some recent big singles from the group including “Right Now,” and “Hold It Down.” Notz is featured on four of the tape’s tracks, with an additional feature from Trixx on “Wait On Your Call.”
- Artist/Group: Toronto rap group, ScrapGang, featuring group members KG and Freeze.
- Submission: The new 12-track project, They Don’t Want Me To Win, officially released on Jan. 15, 2019 via Pyol Records.
- Streaming Links: You can find the mixtape on various digital streaming outlets including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @ScrapGangTV on Instagram, and follow @ScrapGangMuzik on Twitter.
Check out They Don’t Want Me To Win below.
SCRAPGANG – THEY DON’T WANT ME TO WIN
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Burna Bandz releases the “Beast Mode” video in support of Compact Burna
- Expensive: Toronto’s Gustavo Guaapo drops new visuals for The Andretti-produced single
- Bronx trio The Legion captures life in the 80’s in “1980 Something” video
- Halifax’s Tachichi releases the Top Ten album
- The Super Saga: Sayzee previews new project with “Hit” single
- Toronto’s Jordan Kahn releases “U R My Drug” single off solo debut
- Toronto’s ScrapGang releases the They Don’t Want Me To Win project
- Lost: Toronto’s Ollie releases 3 track EP; launches European tour
Song of the Day
/ 4 days ago
I’ve never met Lil Riskey (aka YB Riskey) and prior to coming a across...
/ 5 days ago
Roughly six years ago, we sat down with Jersey City rapper Joe Budden of...
/ 1 week ago
Introducing Ottawa-based talent and comedian at heart, Sir Jax, the second artist featured on...
/ 1 week ago
To those of you who aren’t in the know, Quake Matthews has been making...