SHV G of RMG enlists RodZilla for “Jumping Out The Gym” video
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the recently released “Jumping Out The Gym” video from budding Toronto rapper, SHV G of Royal Music Gang.
The song sees SHV G going in on Drake’s instrumental for “Mob Ties,” featured on the Scorpion album and originally produced by Boi-1da and Allen Ritter.
The video was co-directed by SHV G and RodZilla for Proleague Films. It’s racked up over 65K views since dropping on Jan. 17. His previous visual, the David Del Rosario-directed “Madness,” is just shy of 215K views since being released back in August.
We recently asked our followers on Instagram which artists they wanted to see us cover, and SHV G was one of the most mentioned names in the mix. We’ll be watching close to see what he comes with next.
- Artist/Group: Toronto-based recording artist, SHV G, representing Royal Music Gang.
- Submission: The SHV G and RodZilla-directed video for SHV G’s “Mob Ties” freestyle, “Jumping Out The Gym.”
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Jan. 17, 2019. You can find the track on SoundCloud.
- Social Media: You can follow @UCSHVG on Instagram.
Check out “Jumping Out The Gym” below.
SHV G – JUMPING OUT THE GYM
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Up-and-comer Malachi releases visuals in support of “San Fernando Wine”
- Calgary’s BMK Baby & K Price get “LOUD” in Conor Neal-powered video
- Red Deer’s Dom Sawyer impresses with 6-track EP Hope is Fake
- Toronto’s Rosie Monday releases Gdcmplx-assisted “Fuck a Like” single
- SHV G of RMG enlists RodZilla for “Jumping Out The Gym” video
- Toronto up-and-comer Adrian Terell releases visuals for “401”
- Halifax’s Quake Matthews drops visuals for his “Mockingbird” remix
- Don’t Step: Evil Ebenezer & JYAY preview collaborative album with “Don’t Step”