Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new “30s, 50s, 100s” video from Southeast Washington D.C. rapper Shy Glizzy.
Shy Glizzy first gained notoriety for his 2014 party hits, “White Girl” and “Awwsome.” Along with co-signs from Beyoncé, the 2015 XXL Freshman, Shy Glizzy has experienced an huge amount of success with his feature on GoldLink’s “Crew” reaching #45 on the Billboard Hot 100 and earned the self-proclaimed ‘King of DC’ his first Grammy nomination in 2018.
The new video comes in support of Shy’s 2018 critically-acclaimed release, Fully Loaded, which has two Canadian big features alongside a gang of other notable guest appearances.
Toronto rapper Pressa of Blue Feathers Records is featured alongside Shy Glizzy’s younger brother 3 Glizzy on “Trap Baby,” and Tory Lanez is featured on the Summer hit “Do You Understand?” with College Park’s Gunna. Other artists include Lil Durk, Lil Uzi Vert, Q Da Fool, Quando Rondo, Rick Ross, Smokepurpp, YBS Skola, YoungBoy Never Broke Again (formerly NBA YoungBoy), and Young Thug.
- Artist/Group: Washington D.C.-based recording artist Shy Glizzy, aka Young Jefe, representing Glizzy Gang and 300 Entertainment.
- Submission: The new Pilot Industries-powered video for “30s, 50s, 100s.” The song is featured on Shy Glizzy’s critically-acclaimed project, Fully Loaded, which was released Oct. 12, 2018.
- Streaming Links: The video was posted the official Glizzy Gang YouTube channel on Jan. 28, 2019. You can find the single, and Fully Loaded EP on various digital streaming outlets including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @Jefe on Instagram, and follow @ShyGlizzy on Twitter.
Check out the “30s, 50s, 100s” video below.
SHY GLIZZY – 30s, 50s, 100s
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- King of DC: Shy Glizzy releases the “30s, 50s, 100s” video
- Toronto’s Mathematik previews ReAL/iS-Him album with “The Motive” single
- Ottawa’s big ZEE impresses with 5-track EP, Méchant
- Caviar Dreams: NorthSideBenji enlists Houdini for the “Levels” video
- Visions: Ottawa rapper DaBoiLoc drops first video in support of EP
- Between Somewhere: Token & Tech N9ne call out “YouTube Rappers” in new video
- Merkules enlists Stuey Kubrick for “Reject” visuals
- Toronto’s French of Triple M enlists StrvngeFilms for “On Time” video
Song of the Day
/ 1 day ago
A few months back we posted an article about Toronto area rapper Zaze and...
/ 4 days ago
On any other occasion, he’d probably be out at a venue popping bottles in...