SonReal releases visuals for his Trevor Muzzy-produced single “Parachute”
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new “Parachute” video West Coast recording artist, SonReal. It’s his first release of 2019.
With a debut album set to drop this year, SonReal again conjures the kind of real, emotive voice that’s seen him work with producers including Kahlil (Logic, JAY-Z) and Rahki (Kendrick, ScHoolboy Q). A signature frank, bullshit-free rumination on the nature of the independent life and its benefits sees the Canadian rapper on imperial form that’s sure to set the tone for his first major body of work.
SonReal released the song with a message to his fans:
“Parachute is one of the first songs I wrote off my new album and it kind of shaped a lot of my thought process for the rest of the project. So many people are afraid of their dreams and afraid to get after them. Parachute is about me going all out with everything in my life. Not being afraid to put myself out there and say the things I want to say.”
- Artist/Group: Vernon, BC-born recording artist, SonReal, representing The 1851 Recordings and Blackbox Recordings.
- Submission: The new Dane Collison-directed video for the Trevor Muzzy-produced single, “Parachute.” Visual effects were handled by Zee Khan.
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Feb. 11, 2019. You can find the single on Apple Music, Spotify, and other digital streaming outlets.
- Social Media: You can follow @SonReal on Instagram, and follow @TheRealSonReal on Twitter.
Check out the “Parachute” video below.
SONREAL – PARACHUTE
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- EverythingOShauN releases “Lowry” video in support of latest album
- Traphouse 4000: TyriqueOrDie drops video built off Nuit Blanche festival performances
- Strategist enlists Ramone & Project Pat for “This Money” video
- SonReal releases visuals for his Trevor Muzzy-produced single “Parachute”
- Classified pays homage to “Beastie Boys” in new Harvey Glazer-directed video
- Bodied: Halifax artist Corey Writes enlists Keke Beatz Films for new video
- Hou I Am: Toronto budding star Houdini releases new project
- DGC rapper Roney releases full-length album, The Hardest Out