With the new release, Tachichi follows up his solo album Chico’s ’90s Project, his exploration of his obsession with ’90s pop culture, with a looser concept and an appeal to a broader audience. Top Ten is a tight ten song album (plus a bonus intro verse) with an eclectic array of songs and concepts, accomplished by reaching out to the best producers Sipset and Canada have to offer in order to find that perfect beat for each idea.
“Top Ten may not be a collection of his greatest hits, as the name might suggest, but make no mistake that any future greatest hits album from Tachichi will definitely include many of these songs.”
Tachichi has released 12 albums to date and played hundreds of live shows across Canada and the U.S. While much of his previous catalogue has been alongside Canadian producer and DJ Moves over the last 20 years, Tachichi has also released music with just about every influential and celebrated hip hop artist from the land of the maple leaf, including Buck 65, Classified, Quake Matthews, Ghettosocks, Skratch Bastid, Snak the Ripper, and countless others.
- Artist/Group: Halifax recording artist Tachichi.
- Submission: The new album, Top Ten, released today via Hand’Solo Records. The album features contributions from Ghettosocks, Sean One, Uncle Fester, Kim D’Ambrosia, Pineo, Loeb, MAJE, Shevy Price, Baseline, Paollo13, Ambition, NiLLa, Kxng Wooz, Petey Punch, ChanHays, longtime collaborator DJ Moves, Gordski, DJ Cosmo, Chudi Harris, and Fresh Kils.
- Streaming Links: You can stream and purchase the album now via Bandcamp.
- Social Media: You can follow @Tachichi902 on Instagram, and follow @TachichiScotia on Twitter.
Check out the Top Ten album below.
TACHICHI – TOP TEN
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Burna Bandz releases the “Beast Mode” video in support of Compact Burna
- Expensive: Toronto’s Gustavo Guaapo drops new visuals for The Andretti-produced single
- Bronx trio The Legion captures life in the 80’s in “1980 Something” video
- Halifax’s Tachichi releases the Top Ten album
- The Super Saga: Sayzee previews new project with “Hit” single
- Toronto’s Jordan Kahn releases “U R My Drug” single off solo debut
- Toronto’s ScrapGang releases the They Don’t Want Me To Win project
- Lost: Toronto’s Ollie releases 3 track EP; launches European tour
Song of the Day
/ 4 days ago
I’ve never met Lil Riskey (aka YB Riskey) and prior to coming a across...
/ 5 days ago
Roughly six years ago, we sat down with Jersey City rapper Joe Budden of...
/ 1 week ago
Introducing Ottawa-based talent and comedian at heart, Sir Jax, the second artist featured on...
/ 1 week ago
To those of you who aren’t in the know, Quake Matthews has been making...