Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the new Cian P-produced single “Cheshire” by teddybear.
“Toronto based creator teddybear is a versatile artist that will give you Kurt Cobain meets Post Malone vibes. His ability to genre blend is what makes teddy one to watch” – Earmilk
Submission Sundays is a segment featuring eight songs or videos based 100% on submissions we receive through our Submission Form. We select eight as a team, and the rest of the submissions are put back in the pool for future consideration.
- Who: Recording artist teddybear (formerly known as Teddy).
- What: The new single “Cheshire,” produced by Cian P (Waterloo), off teddybear’s forthcoming debut album, Bread & Butterflies.
- When: Available now through all digital streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, TIDAL and more.
- Where: Representing Toronto, Ontario.
- Why: We’d read a lot of praise and positive reviews for “Cheshire” before checking it out, so it was met with high expectation when it played at a recent listening session for our Submission Sunday segment. Needless to say we were highly impressed with the single, and the overall progression seen from teddybear, who recently changed his stage name from Teddy. “‘Cheshire’ is the anxiety-inducing single about cheating, told through the eyes of the third party. It’s an unapologetic confession of infidelity – the texts you hope aren’t in your girlfriend’s phone.”
“teddybear absolutely kills it on this track. Showing emotion from within, ‘Velvet Skin’ screams with a message dying to get out… If you’re a fan of the budding alternative sound growing within the hip-hop scene, then you’re going to love teddybear.” – The Plug Society
You can listen to “Cheshire” below.
TEDDYBEAR – CHESHIRE
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
The be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Toronto’s Seth Dyer releases catchy new self-produced single “El Jefe”
- East Coast group K.U.$.H. releases the Smoke Signals album
- Toronto artist teddybear releases the Cian P-produced “Cheshire”
- Jordan Kahn previews debut project with “Hollywood (Where Dreams Die)” single
- Toronto artist Vivek Mehmi releases the Brenda Mullen-assisted “Save Me” video
- Sir Hop releases the Blanco_iii-produced “B.O.M.S.A.”
- London’s Young Prince Beats drops the Stoner Simpson project
- Montreal group Ragers are gonna be “Alright” with new single
Song of the Day
/ 18 hours ago
The Canadian music community took another hit this month with the passing of Boston,...
/ 2 days ago
Coming straight outta Whitehorse, Yukon, producer-MC duo Jeremy Parkin and Kelvin have joined forces...
/ 3 days ago
Up-and-coming Ottawa singer-songwriter Andrew Waines dropped his EP debut on May 9, and one...
/ 3 days ago
Montréal-born Jean Ritchie, better known as Rikky Baby, is currently promoting his new single,...