Submission Sundays weekly features the new 10-track These Are The Times. project by Vancouver artist Teon Gibbs.
Gibbs provided a breakdown of the release:
“These Are The Times. is a snap shot of pop culture, the sounds of contemporary hip-hop and R&B in 2017 and 2018, but I wanted to put my own twist on it. Show that you can approach the same kind of instrumentals but put a little more care into the lyrics than a lot of the popular SoundCloud artists that are prevalent in music, as well as speak on where I stand with culture, my battles with others doubting me, depression, balancing relationships while being an independent artist with two full time jobs and trying to get people to take a peak into Western Canada by highlighting key places like Spanish Banks. I’m very proud of this body of work as it’s honest and I’m not trying to be anything I’m not, I’m just chronicling the times and speaking as someone who has studied and lived with hip-hop and R&B since ’95 when me and my older brother would throw on g-funk records!”
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS SELECTION DETAILS
- Who: Recording artist Teon Gibbs
- What: New 10-track project These Are The Times. featuring Quarterback, Jamie Rose, Koyce, Abby Wale, Jonny Tobin, and Lex. Production was handled by Elevated Prime, Young Taylor, cxdy, Pilgrim, Bnchy, Ill Instrumentals, Trilxgy, and Jay808
- When: Available now on Apple Music, SoundCloud and other digital outlets
- Where: Representing Vancouver, British Columbia
- Why: A solid body of work showcasing what Gibbs brings to the table, skill wise and conceptually.
You can listen to These Are The Times. below.
TEON GIBBS – THESE ARE THE TIMES.
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
The be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- Winnipeg’s Mic North teams up with Rup Monsta for “One Life”
- NamedTobias. enlists Tyler Skyy for “The Risk” video
- Montreal artist Reeko Rieffe releases the “Phase Me” single
- Yung Tug is “Riding” in new Rebel Media-directed video
- Portion releases the “Pray For Me” video featuring Kampaign
- Toronto’s Mutari releases the “24 HRS” video featuring ALL.ME
- Calgary artist CLOUDE enlists CAMILO for “Need Some Time”
- Vancouver artist Teon Gibbs releases These Are The Times.
Song of the Day
/ 14 hours ago
Today, Toronto multi-talent Mustafa The Poet released a powerful and heartfelt short film dedicated...
/ 14 hours ago
With the Toronto music scene expanding exponentially, it’s always an amazing sight to have...
/ 23 hours ago
As is usually the case with the Rap Recording of the Year award, the...
/ 2 days ago
Canada has been thrust into the international spotlight and credited as an environment where...