Between Somewhere: Token & Tech N9ne call out “YouTube Rappers” in new video
Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new “YouTube Rapper” video from Boston, Massachusetts rapper Token.
The song, featuring Strange Music’s own Tech N9ne, is the bonus track on Token’s Between Somewhere album which came out early December.
It comes as the young artist begins promotions for his first world tour which kicks off in New York on Feb, 13, and reaches Canada for just one date on Feb. 27 in Vancouver. You can find ticket info on Token’s official website.
If you’re unfamiliar with Token’s music, you may remember seeing him on the big screen. As the Boston Globe reports: “His work caught the attention of Mark Wahlberg, who helped him land a guest spot on a November episode of the Wahlburgers reality show and a role as Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s college roommate in the movie Patriots Day, released in December (2016).”
- Artist/Group: Budding Massachusetts independent rapper and actor, Token.
- Submission: The new Ben Proulx-powered video for the Nox Beatz-produced single, “YouTube Rapper,” which features Tech N9ne.
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Feb. 1, 2019 and has already surpassed 1 million views. You can find “YouTube Rappers” and the Between Somewhere album on all major streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @TokenHipHop on Instagram, and follow @TokenHipHop on Twitter.
Check out the “YouTube Rappers” and Between Somewhere album below.
TOKEN – YOUTUBE RAPPERS (FEATURING TECH N9NE)
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- King of DC: Shy Glizzy releases the “30s, 50s, 100s” video
- Toronto’s Mathematik previews ReAL/iS-Him album with “The Motive” single
- Ottawa’s big ZEE impresses with 5-track EP, Méchant
- Caviar Dreams: NorthSideBenji enlists Houdini for the “Levels” video
- Visions: Ottawa rapper DaBoiLoc drops first video in support of EP
- Between Somewhere: Token & Tech N9ne call out “YouTube Rappers” in new video
- Merkules enlists Stuey Kubrick for “Reject” visuals
- Toronto’s French of Triple M enlists StrvngeFilms for “On Time” video