Our weekly segment The Weekly Eight returns with the new video from Toronto-based recording artist, TyriqueOrDie. “Traphouse 4000” was captured during a series of impromptu performance at Toronto’s Nuit Blanche festival.
“Armed with only a loudspeaker, an auxiliary cable and a phone to play the song on, the evening begins with Ty and friends charging up in the back of a limo, rolling to three different packed-out locations.” – Exclaim!
Ty, along with a large group of friends, hijacked Toronto’s Nuit Blanche art festival, turning up to his track “Traphouse 4000” on a portable speaker at 3 different locations. Motivated to try and gather as large of a crowd as possible, the night ended up being a success with swarms of people joining in on the fun. The video was directed by Ty, David Xavier and Hayden Herrick, and was shot by Truondabeat and Eddypullover.
- Artist/Group: Scarborough rapper TyriqueOrDie.
- Submission: The new video for “Traphouse 4000,” co-directed by TyriqueOrDie, David Xavier and Hayden Herrick. The video was shot by Truondabeat and Eddypullover. “This video preludes the fourth installment of Ty’s episodic Noisey premiered video series, with his debut project to release some time after that. Previously, Ty threw his debut solo concert and expected 200 to show up, so he had his friend film the show. When only 30 arrived, they still turned up like it was a sold out, then flipped the footage into a video complete with a blunt counter and pictures from the night. Ty also won over the crowd (and the mayor) during the Exclaim x Canadian Music Week showcase at the first ever concert in Toronto’s abandoned Lower Bay subway station.”
- Streaming Links: The video was posted to YouTube on Feb. 8, 2019. You can find the single on various digital streaming platforms including Apple Music and Spotify.
- Social Media: You can follow @TyriqueOrDie on Instagram.
Check out the “Traphouse 4000” video below.
TYRIQUEORDIE – TRAPHOUSE 4000
THE WEEKLY EIGHT INFO
Submission Sundays was a segment we introduced in 2018 to show love to the hundreds of artists and groups that submit new material to us weekly. The segment also gave us a chance to show love to people who weren’t already receiving regular coverage on HipHopCanada, and gave them a chance to connect with our viewers.
Towards the end of the year, we relaunched Submission Sundays as The Weekly Eight, with the same objective to help artists grow.
Each week, we’ll select 8 new submissions and feature them on our homepage for at least a 24 hour period.
To be considered for The Weekly Eight segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form. International submissions are welcome.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- EverythingOShauN releases “Lowry” video in support of latest album
- Traphouse 4000: TyriqueOrDie drops video built off Nuit Blanche festival performances
- Strategist enlists Ramone & Project Pat for “This Money” video
- SonReal releases visuals for his Trevor Muzzy-produced single “Parachute”
- Classified pays homage to “Beastie Boys” in new Harvey Glazer-directed video
- Bodied: Halifax artist Corey Writes enlists Keke Beatz Films for new video
- Hou I Am: Toronto budding star Houdini releases new project
- DGC rapper Roney releases full-length album, The Hardest Out
Song of the Day
/ 18 hours ago
Pimpton returns with a much heavier addition in his recent barrage of new material...
/ 2 days ago
Bursting onto the scene is Zimbabwe-born, Canadian hip-hop newcomer Charmaine, with her début single...
/ 2 days ago
Up-and-coming Ottawa rapper Sam Hoss is back with fresh visual support for his EP...