Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the new “Legacy” single from Bronx rapper YONAS in support of his forthcoming album.
“As the sweltering sun rays finally heat up New York City, rapper YONAS aims to heat up dance floors all over the country with ‘Legacy.’ A slow piano loop builds up the anticipation to hear YONAS’ motivating verses flow over the deep house-inspired instrumental.” – VIBE
Making moves as an independent MC, YONAS has been gaining ground with his fusion of thought-provoking lyricism, infectious melodies, and crossover music production. YONAS continues his rise with sights set on breaking through with his new album, About Time, which hits the street on Jun. 29. He’s already released a few singles off the project, the most recent was a motivational joint “All Rise,” which was hailed as showing off his “lyrical prowess, providing an uncanny dose of his talents behind the mic.”
- Who: Recording artist YONAS.
- What: The new single “Legacy” produced by Benjamin.
- When: “Legacy” is available on all major streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play.
- Where: Representing New York City, New York.
- Why: “Legacy” is a great followup to Yonas’ last single “All Rise,” and sets the stage perfectly for the release of his About Time project.
You can listen to “Legacy” below.
YONAS – LEGACY
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- MASON enlists Nigel Knight for the REXFORD-directed “REAL”
- YONAS previews About Time with new “Legacy” single
- Toronto artist Kid Kold teams up with Freeway for The Black Gang EP
- Dutchess drops the “Know Di Ting” video in support of EP
- Sosa Blank releases video support for the BlvkOne-produced “Monnaie”
- Danish collective Affiliated releases the 10-man “Lullaby (Cypher)”
- Montreal’s Veyelet drops the Young Taylor-produced “Young Cleopatra”
- Head In Space: Newfoundland MC Albert Dalton releases new EP
Song of the Day
/ 15 hours ago
Toronto’s bubbling R&B scene continues to expand in growth with the latest addition to...
/ 2 days ago
Creating platforms for Canadian artists to showcase their talent to the country has been...
/ 3 days ago
Come Thru: Winnie Churchill – the Toronto-born rapper who’s turning up the culture in Atlantic Canada
Come Thru is a weekly social media takeover series from HipHopCanada that puts a...
/ 3 days ago
Kyle Kraft, Chair of the music advisory committee for the Best Rap Recording, explains...