Our weekly segment Submission Sundays features the new “Legacy” single from Bronx rapper YONAS in support of his forthcoming album.
“As the sweltering sun rays finally heat up New York City, rapper YONAS aims to heat up dance floors all over the country with ‘Legacy.’ A slow piano loop builds up the anticipation to hear YONAS’ motivating verses flow over the deep house-inspired instrumental.” – VIBE
Making moves as an independent MC, YONAS has been gaining ground with his fusion of thought-provoking lyricism, infectious melodies, and crossover music production. YONAS continues his rise with sights set on breaking through with his new album, About Time, which hits the street on Jun. 29. He’s already released a few singles off the project, the most recent was a motivational joint “All Rise,” which was hailed as showing off his “lyrical prowess, providing an uncanny dose of his talents behind the mic.”
- Who: Recording artist YONAS.
- What: The new single “Legacy” produced by Benjamin.
- When: “Legacy” is available on all major streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play.
- Where: Representing New York City, New York.
- Why: “Legacy” is a great followup to Yonas’ last single “All Rise,” and sets the stage perfectly for the release of his About Time project.
You can listen to “Legacy” below.
YONAS – LEGACY
SUBMISSION SUNDAYS INFO
To be considered for our weekly Submission Sundays segment, please submit your content using our Submission Form.
Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each submission directly. Submissions with missing information will be deleted.
A summary of this week’s selections:
- MASON enlists Nigel Knight for the REXFORD-directed “REAL”
- YONAS previews About Time with new “Legacy” single
- Toronto artist Kid Kold teams up with Freeway for The Black Gang EP
- Dutchess drops the “Know Di Ting” video in support of EP
- Sosa Blank releases video support for the BlvkOne-produced “Monnaie”
- Danish collective Affiliated releases the 10-man “Lullaby (Cypher)”
- Montreal’s Veyelet drops the Young Taylor-produced “Young Cleopatra”
- Head In Space: Newfoundland MC Albert Dalton releases new EP
Song of the Day
/ 2 days ago
The new year comes with new opportunity as recently launched outlet, Kids Take Over,...
/ 1 week ago
Blue Feathers Records rapper Pressa closed out 2018 on the heels of his first...
/ 2 weeks ago
9-0-Nickel Entertainment recording artist Peter Jackson is starting 2019 off with a bang. Today...
/ 2 weeks ago
St. John’s, Newfoundland rapper MAK11 ended 2018 continuing promotions for the final installment of...